IGNORED

The Price of Complete Boxed Games Today

Unbeliever

Hi, folks,

Long time Atari 2600 player and collector, looking for the latest scoop on how expensive these days collecting CIB games. What have you guys and gals run across if you collect CIB? I have a modest collection myself, and am looking for more in the near future. Thanks for your input.

Honestly, I haven't seen much change in the last 20 years or so I been serious about collecting CIB. The Rare ones are still stupid expensive as they have been,  and commons can be found pretty cheap if your patient (if using eBay). Flea markets used to be a great source for me, but nowadays at least where I am, its rare to run across Atari stuff anymore.

• Like 1

Honestly, I've picked up some nice stuff here and there, pretty nice collection going on, not much "in the wild" activity around where I live.

I hate to put it exactly like this, but if you lurk some in the For Sale section here(you gotta jump quick...), you can get some awesome deals, and meet some nice people-on average, I'd say I've gotten "better deals" here than anywhere else I occasionally look.

Mebbe be willing to overlook "mint condition", in exchange for "cheap", and go for multiple purchases-get box protectors, you can make almost anything look decent, with some squaring up.

Good Luck...is addictive...

:D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BadHornet said:

Flea markets used to be a great source for me, but nowadays at least where I am, its rare to run across Atari stuff anymore.

I rarely go to flea markets anymore because no has atari stuff (or it's sunfaded and priced like it's mint). I miss the days when I would find piles of carts for $1 each or less.

• Like 1

I haven't taken the plunge yet to go hunting for Atari 2600 boxed games, but there's quite a few I'm missing still and want (Adventure, Haunted House, and Warlords comes to immediate mind). I have a ton of loose carts, but since I really enjoy the boxed art and manuals, that's what I'm gonna shoot for. I figured unless I hit you guys up here, that was pretty much my only option (other than Ebay).

On 7/9/2020 at 10:21 PM, cvga said:

I rarely go to flea markets anymore because no has atari stuff (or it's sunfaded and priced like it's mint). I miss the days when I would find piles of carts for $1 each or less.

Same here. The last best value I found was really nearly 15 years ago - a couple of //c computers for $3.63 each. And during the last 25 thrift store outings over the past few years I saw maybe 10 cartridges. Everything has since gone to ebay.

2 hours ago, Unbeliever said:

I haven't taken the plunge yet to go hunting for Atari 2600 boxed games, but there's quite a few I'm missing still and want (Adventure, Haunted House, and Warlords comes to immediate mind). 

I've got a sealed copy of Warlords, but it's been mashed a little. I had thought about selling it, but I wouldn't get enough from it to make it worth the aggravation of shipping it. LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RamrodHare said:

I've got a sealed copy of Warlords, but it's been mashed a little. I had thought about selling it, but I wouldn't get enough from it to make it worth the aggravation of shipping it. LOL

Ah, well that's true. I'm sure it's difficult to make sure boxed games arrive in one piece.