IGNORED

Horizon ramdisk help

budz2355

Hi Everyone,

I'm sure this is a dumb question:

I went to DM 2K and tried to bring up the DSK5 directory which is my ram disk.  Unfortunately it came back with an error.   Are the rechargeable batteries dead?  If so can I just replace them and go back to using it?  I remember when i first got the card Chris(shift838) helped me set it up, but god help me if I remember any of the steps.   It's a 384k model i believe.  Any help is appreciated!

P.S. yes that is the manual in the picture, but I figured I'd ask you smart folks before confusing myself with technical reading

76962873_10100284550018438_3418408219423277056_o.jpg

32 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

Try reloading ROS before you remove the batteries. If you remove the batteries, you will have to load ROS and reconfigure the RAMdisk anyway.

Can you dumb it down for me please?  Do I need ROS on a disk and If so how do I load it?

Which ROS were you using? Boot the configuration program. Once it is loaded, If you see the message "No ROS Loaded" simply follow the on-screen instructions and load the ROS file from the appropriate disk (make sure the filenames match). Sometimes, the ROS gets corrupted but the Horizon contents will still be there intact.

the printed manual in the background is not the most recent.  If you used the 8.14F disk, you must select the right version to match your disk controller.   If @Shift838 helped you load the ROS, he probably had version 8.38.  The most current release is 8.42c.

The below direct link to the horizon ramdisk Wiki should give you enough simple context and information to get started.  

https://github.com/horizonramdisk/Horizon-Ramdisk-ti994a/wiki/CFG

On 7/9/2020 at 10:13 PM, InsaneMultitasker said:

the printed manual in the background is not the most recent.  If you used the 8.14F disk, you must select the right version to match your disk controller.   If @Shift838 helped you load the ROS, he probably had version 8.38.  The most current release is 8.42c.

The below direct link to the horizon ramdisk Wiki should give you enough simple context and information to get started.  

https://github.com/horizonramdisk/Horizon-Ramdisk-ti994a/wiki/CFG

Any chance I could get a copy of that file?  I dug through some diskettes and I either mislabed/lost it or overwrote it with something else.  I looked on WHTECH FTP site, but I wasn't sure if the newest version was there?

24 minutes ago, atrax27407 said:

Here it is as a WORD document

Horizon CFG.docx 15.37 kB · 2 downloads

Actually, I meant the program ROS thing itself, but I did some more digging and found a disk that most likely came with the ramdisk when I bought it! .....unfortunately I just did something so now I can't use my PEB at all (sigh) - same problem as before, I posted in another thread.