IGNORED

TMS-RGB: An RGB Mod for 2020 and Beyond

Falonn

7 hours ago, MrPix said:

This is good news. The more and the cheaper, the better.

My delayed ICs just finished passing through customs and should be here soooooon :)

Excellent as I need one of these or possibly two of them for testing. Also did you ever find a mini din for use with the Genesis 2 AV cables that can be panel mounted and not PCB mounted only for this? Not sure where he is sourcing them from, But it seems that Tim Worthington has panel mount versions of these mini dins that he provides in the 2600 RGB kits I've been told? Then again, when I think panel mount, I think of one that is really designed for mounting through a plastic frame and not just Epoxied into place like some s-video jacks I've seen.

1 minute ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Excellent as I need one of these or possibly two of them for testing. Also did you ever find a mini din for use with the Genesis 2 AV cables that can be panel mounted and not PCB mounted only for this? Not sure where he is sourcing them from, But it seems that Tim Worthington has panel mount versions of these mini dins that he provides in the 2600 RGB kits I've been told? Then again, when I think panel mount, I think of one that is really designed for mounting through a plastic frame and not just Epoxied into place like some s-video jacks I've seen.

I have not found the idea panel mounted mini-DIN yet. I'm testing out a 3D printed low key bezel that holds the normal mini-DIN, and has a PCB for wires and attachment. I'm not finished on that yet, because the mini-DINs I ordered might have slightly different dimensions to the ones I have on hand.

Pricing is a bit less than I expected: $34 each, plus $5 flat rate shipping for any quantity. So two would be $68 plus $5 shipping.

• Like 1

Visited RetroRGB today and found some very helpful info about this project. As it currently stands I probably need at least three, possibly five of these boards. I currently own a MSX Canon V-20, MSX Spectravideo SVI-728, TI-99/4A and a Colecovision (all PAL). Also looking to add an SG-1000 to my collection. 

At first I thought I could just build these on my own but if the price for a complete board is just $25 (please confirm) plus shipping, I don't think I can justify trying to do it myself.

For what it's worth, I don't ever expect to sell any myself.  The list to keep an eye on is the "People offering pre-assembled TMS-RGB kits" on this page.  (And for anyone interested in making/selling them, just let me know and I'm happy to add you to that list.) :D

... or just send your system to Ruggers Customs and he'll install one for you.  (There's a list for that too, but he's the only one on it.)

On 8/9/2020 at 9:52 AM, Retro_Game_Lover96 said:

I am so eager about those boards.

If you didn't see, my boards have been available for purchase for a few hours. Most are shipping same day or next day. Just depends on when the order goes in and when the Post Office run is. I am doing both US and International sales. Boards are all manufactured at the highest quality and all parts are sourced from legitimate electronics distributors. There are no AliExpress parts anywhere on the board and no cheap prototype JLCPCB, DirtyPCB, or other inexpensive fab houses in use. This matters as many of the places that specialize in prototypes have a thin solder mask that is easily rubbed off. Not the case here. All boards are ENIG finished in a 0.8mm thickness to ease soldering and prevent oxidation/corrosion. I also went with an extremely tight tolerance on R8. Specifically a 0.1% Panasonic Thin Film resistor. These are already tested, bagged, and ready for you. 

Edited by mobiusstriptech
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, mobiusstriptech said:

If you didn't see, my boards have been available for purchase for a few hours. Most are shipping same day or next day. Just depends on when the order goes in and when the Post Office run is. I am doing both US and International sales. Boards are all manufactured at the highest quality and all parts are sourced from legitimate electronics distributors. There are no AliExpress parts anywhere on the board and no cheap prototype JLCPCB, DirtyPCB, or other inexpensive fab houses in use. This matters as many of the places that specialize in prototypes have a thin solder mask that is easily rubbed off. Not the case here. All boards are ENIG finished in a 0.8mm thickness to ease soldering and prevent oxidation/corrosion. I also went with an extremely tight tolerance on R8. Specifically a 0.1% Panasonic Thin Film resistor. These are already tested, bagged, and ready for you. 

Just ordered 2 for testing here at the ITC internally. Really cool to see these assembled boards available.

Thanks Mobius! Ordered 3 as soon as I got up that day. Wasn't sure what your stock would be, so I set my alarm!

James

On 8/11/2020 at 12:59 PM, mobiusstriptech said:

Thanks for offering these. I just ordered 2.