IGNORED

Game about Corona appropriate ?

Grevle

Do you think a game about Corona Virus would be Appropriate at this time ? , I mean many people are still suffering the consecuences of the corona virus and maybe it it's not the right time for a game about the Corona Virus ?. I may or may not have something soon ready to release...

Edited by Grevle

My opinion is that it is too soon. In Europe the situation is a bit better now, but in many countries the virus is at its peak now. Over half a million deaths. Maybe you should avoid using the Corona Virus name. Give it another name and release it???

1 hour ago, Grevle said:

Do you think a game about Corona Virus would be Appropriate at this time ? , I mean many people are still suffering the consecuences of the corona virus and maybe it it's not the right time for a game about the Corona Virus ?. I may or may not have something soon ready to release...

Many people suffer and die at the hand of guns and there are hundreds of games featuring them. So no problem a coronavirus game.

• Like 3

Hmm, I've seen games with a Corona crisis theme already. Like, you had to run through a supermarket and hoard toilet paper and avoid the little coronas.

In The Netherlands, we call hoarding ? hamsteren, which is why one of the largest supermarket chains canceled their hamsterweeks, which used to be a yearly period of discounts on a large section of their offerings. That was in April IIRC.

Edit: the forementioned games were both at Revision 2020 in the Game compo.

https://demozoo.org/parties/3862/#competition_15881

1st place: Hospital Hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbBpkqj7k-I

4th place: Hampster Raid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeiRGYM0Oxc

Edited by ivop

Hello Grevle

Changing the name doesn't change the game, so a new/different name doesn't change a thing.

And the fact that games with a similar theme already exist, doesn't change a thing either.  Whatever crisis appears, there will always be games that somehow remind us of that crisis.  But you can't eliminate a game that already exists because of a crisis that appears years later.

But I wouldn't release a game that's either called "Corona" or where gameplay includes a virus.  Not now.  I'd keep it on the shelf until this crisis has been over for a while.

Sincerely

Mathy

3 hours ago, R0ger said:

Come people, don't be such snowflakes. Life is harsh. Laugh at it. If somebody doesn't like it, it's his problem, not yours.

While I mostly agree with you please keep in mind the OP literally asked people of this community for their opinion and people are giving it as the see fit. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

So is he.

Not really, the OP asked for peoples opinion about releasing a game about Corona virus, HE is giving his opinion on it AS WELL giving his opinion on how others should feel about it as if those against it need to see HIS way of thinking. NICE TRY THOUGH. Yes we can go round and round with this nonsense, my point was to let people give what the OP asked and not worry so much whether others agree or not, that would be the point of this thread. Rather not see the thread sink into comments back and forth about whether others should be offended about it or not. 

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
fix
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Grevle said:

It probably isn't a good idea. And due to people losing lives, it might mever be a good idea.

Could you just change it so that is a mould from outer space or something similar? I.e. Keep the main game, but change the graphics and story? Alternatively, change the virus into an insect.

People lose lives in car accidents, wars, murders. Yet we put all that into games all the time.

You will feel really bad one day when somebody's uncle is eaten by insect in space.

I would simply make the game, and let people play it when they feel like it. For example it's pretty calm now in Europe. USians might feel a little differently right now though. But day will come, when they will want to laugh at the virus too. Would be nice, if the game was waiting for them.

• Like 3

The game is quite simple, And more like a karikature on the real thing, But it seems i have to change the Game and the name as well, The Corona situation is no good for anyone and we still don't know how the situation is gonna be in the future..

I wanted to create something simple in 100% assembly to learn about score routines and setting hiscore using decimal mode in assembler , And achieved that. I have to change the theme and name of the game before any release..

Edited by Grevle
  • Like 1