IGNORED

Ghosting on Intellivision with New TV

Still having the issue I described on an earlier thread, but this time I got a newer Inty II unit. I am not sure what else this can be... In case it is actual nose on the cable, can anyone recommend the cable combination they use to hook their USA Inty up?

Thanks.

I used a plane Jane rca cable and the RCA to ANT adapter.  Honestly, this seems normal as no matter what you use. The output into an ANT port is really crap no matter how you look at it.  ANT and RCA input are the lowest scale of definition money can buy. 

Maybe try RC to S-Video or do an HDMI conversion box?  But my guess is this will not be all that much better.

Remember... this is 40+ year old technology being pumped into modern stuff.  I don't think it will be much clearer than what you have.  Hence why it's always good to keep an old CRT around for these old units.

I've since switch over to all emulation.  I love my old consoles, it's definitely NOT the same when using emulation.... but it's just easier to run a Retropie box on a modern LCD screen.  Not only does it look better, you can add all kinds of shaders to make it look like you want.

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 1

In terms of colour bleed, RF is not much different than composite.  The ghosting in this case is a little unusual.  It could be the cable but could be something else.  If you have two intellivisions and using the same TV and cable, one has ghosting while the other doesn't, you'd think it's the intellivision.  I use an RG6 cable but only because that's what I happen to have handy at the time.

Try a new cable... It even cheaper... Test both of these on a different TV if you have one.  That will tell you if it's the unit, the cable, or the INTV.

Do you have any other model INTYs?   If so...try one of those as the defining test.  If you get it from that as well, you're down to cable or TV