IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 1 - Space Armada

[Intellivision HSC Season 13]

(Game 1)

Space Armada

Mattel-Space-Armada.jpg

Space Armada by Mattel Electronics 1981

You're defending Planet Earth against the unrelenting attack of alien warlords.

space_armada.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21608/intellivision/Space-Armada-1981-Mattel.html

High Score Club Record

160,880 ed1475

New Record: 248,220 Rickster8

Game Setting

PRESS 1 (GAME)

Contest Ends
SUNDAY JULY 26TH 11:59PM EST

(HIGH SCORES)

1. 248,220 Rickster8

2. 126,700 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN

3. 103,190 ed1475

4. 71,910 Ace24

5. 63,680 BiffMan

6. 61,100 IntyFanMatt

7. 36,580 Oscar G.

8. 31,520 JasonlikesINTV

9. 27,310 JacobZu7zu7

10. 24,540 Player One

11. 22,690 gar0u

12. 20,300 Intelligentleman

13. 12,150 fakecortex

14. 11,870 cmadruga

15. 11,630 garu0u

16. 11,500 Mangia-boy

17. 10,840 dpisacane

18. 8,020 hoosierdadee78

19. 6,000 roadrunner

20. 740 jblenkle

Rankings

NONE YET

Games Won

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

This is a good game, but I think it would have been great if they made the aliens a bit smaller, which would allow players to clear screens easier, advance in the game a bit more, and experience the other aspects of it, like the descending saucer etc.  But it's still a classic!

Most people have problems with the 2 invisible screens. The trick to them is relying more on sound rather than sight. If you know Space Armada well enough then you will know how the armada sounds when there are less of them and can better pinpoint where they are. You can use that knowledge in the 2 invisible screens and defeat them more easily. Nobody should play Space Armada with the sound down, especially the two invisible screens... ? 

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Most people have problems with the 2 invisible screens. The trick to them is relying more on sound rather than sight. If you know Space Armada well enough then you will know how the armada sounds when there are less of them and can better pinpoint where they are. You can use that knowledge in the 2 invisible screens and defeat them more easily. Nobody should play Space Armada with the sound down, especially the two invisible screens... ? 

Yeah I can get past them, but I think the game should have been made a bit easier in the first place.  Those invisible screens would be so much better if the aliens were smaller, making the screens easier to complete!

12 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yeah I can get past them, but I think the game should have been made a bit easier in the first place.  Those invisible screens would be so much better if the aliens were smaller, making the screens easier to complete!

By 'smaller' you mean less in number right, not the actual size of the individual alien ships? I think there are what 32 alien ships per screen? So you are saying like 24 would have been better? 

Edited by Rickster8
Punctuation

3 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

By 'smaller' you mean less in number right, not the actual size of the individual alien ships? I think there are what 32 alien ships per screen? So you are saying like 24 would have been better? 

I do actually mean size.  I think they are too big and fill up too much of the screen, meaning they drop quicker, which makes the game hard.  If they were smaller, they would spend more time moving left and right, and not dropping as fast.  See the following review:

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/games/sarm.php

He says exactly what I am saying...the aliens are too big for the screen.  But this is still a fun game and I enjoy it regardless.

5 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Unbelievable score. I don't even feel like playing this now!  LOL

Ahhh c'mon, how you gonna get better if you don't play? For me the game starts once the red saucer starts landing cuz then he's out all the time which means mucho points.... ?

35 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I do actually mean size.  I think they are too big and fill up too much of the screen, meaning they drop quicker, which makes the game hard.  If they were smaller, they would spend more time moving left and right, and not dropping as fast.  See the following review:

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/games/sarm.php

He says exactly what I am saying...the aliens are too big for the screen.  But this is still a fun game and I enjoy it regardless.

If they're smaller, there are more of them across the screen, so you have to shoot more of them to clear the screen.

So I'd think smaller == more shooting == harder.

• Like 1