IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 1 - Space Armada

7 minutes ago, gar0u said:

If they're smaller, there are more of them across the screen, so you have to shoot more of them to clear the screen.

So I'd think smaller == more shooting == harder.

Not what I mean. Same amount, just smaller would be better. More aliens are not needed. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Ahhh c'mon, how you gonna get better if you don't play? For me the game starts once the red saucer starts landing cuz then he's out all the time which means mucho points.... ?

I’m gunna play, I’m just kidding since there is no way I’m ever gunna get close to that score. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now with my shiny old controllers cleaned and replaced onto my working console today :) My newer controllers would hang slightly and not get good action, so they are now connected to my broken system. ?

1st try, with 100% controllers. Already 10ks higher then last season,

20,420 (Game)

20,420.jpg

• Like 5

3rd Entry - Played two great games lastnight. This is the better of the two. I got to the 20th screen. ?

One little screaming demon got past me at the end, lol you can see my missed shot. He was hauling ass.... ?

SA4.jpg.7d41bec2467f011145c17e1f9819c711.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Spelling
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

3rd Entry - Played two great games lastnight. This is the better of the two. I got to the 20th screen. ?

One little screaming demon got past me at the end, lol you can see my missed shot. He was hauling ass.... ?

SA4.jpg.7d41bec2467f011145c17e1f9819c711.jpg

Amazing scores you've been posting.  I am usually very good at Inty games, but this one is hard to me.  Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2020 at 7:42 PM, Rickster8 said:

Ahhh c'mon, how you gonna get better if you don't play? For me the game starts once the red saucer starts landing cuz then he's out all the time which means mucho points.... ?

I want to agree with this but I’ve never made it that far. I think some intellivision games take a long time to get interesting, then when they do, the Cliff is super steep. Shark Shark is another example for me. Right around 40-50 k it all falls apart. Which Is fine, except it takes 15 minutes to get there

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

I want to agree with this but I’ve never made it that far. I think some intellivision games take a long time to get interesting, then when they do, the Cliff is super steep. Shark Shark is another example for me. Right around 40-50 k it all falls apart. Which Is fine, except it takes 15 minutes to get there

Shark Shark is so good. We played it here a couple seasons ago and several of us were over 100k. Once you get the hang of it, the scores climb. Would love to play it again in the HSC. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

13 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Shark Shark is so good. We played it here a couple seasons ago and several of us were over 100k. Once you get the hang of it, the scores climb. Would love to play it again in the HSC. 

I've played it a few times. I cannot seem to get good at eating the Shark's tail. I get too close all the time and get swallowed, lol ?

It's funny how some things in certain games are easy for some, but harder for others. Like the fully invisible levels in Space Armada for me are a breeze, but biting the Shark's tail is impossible for me, lol

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

I've played it a few times. I cannot seem to get good at eating the Shark's tail. I get too close all the time and get swallowed, lol ?

It's funny how some things in certain games are easy for some, but harder for others. Like the fully invisible levels in Space Armada for me are a breeze, but biting the Shark's tail is impossible for me, lol

You just hafta move up and down repeatedly to kill the shark more easily.  And use the dash button A LOT.  There are some youtube videos out there showing that.  Makes a huge difference!!

Watch this gameplay video and you'll see:

• Like 1

I videoed a game I played lastnight. Got to 159k. There are few gimmicks I like to do with the red saucer. If I hit him to the side and the way is clear for another shot I will fire another one up with the hope that he might come back out. On the 5th screen I think it is I got him back to back. Also when he hovers low in the later screens you can hit him a few times, but remember you have to keep focusing on the Armada or they will land and destroy the Earth. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1