IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 1 - Space Armada

17 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

I videoed a game I played last night. Got to 159k. There are few gimmicks I like to do with the red saucer. If I hit him to the side and the way is clear for another shot I will fire another one up with the hope that he might come back out. On the 5th screen I think it is I got him back to back. Also when he hovers low in the later screens you can hit him a few times, but remember you have to keep focusing on the Armada or they will land and destroy the Earth. ?

Awesome, thank you for sharing the video!  I noticed your score jumped quite a bit near the end when you hit the saucer a few times in a row.  I didn't know that was possible, or maybe it's a glitch in the Matrix.  ?  Well done!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Awesome, thank you for sharing the video!  I noticed your score jumped quite a bit near the end when you hit the saucer a few times in a row.  I didn't know that was possible, or maybe it's a glitch in the Matrix.  ?  Well done!

Yeah it's a risk the red saucer takes. The lower he hovers the quicker your shooter can reload and smack him again. Also remember the red saucer scoring is random between (1 to 32x the amount of each alien) so later on in the game you can really wrack up points quickly. I've had games where the red saucer will actually seem like he's reluctant to dive lower, he's becoming 'self aware' lol.... ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah it's a risk the red saucer takes. The lower he hovers the quicker your shooter can reload and smack him again. Also remember the red saucer scoring is random between (1 to 32x the amount of each alien) so later on in the game you can really wrack up points quickly. I've had games where the red saucer will actually seem like he's reluctant to dive lower, he's becoming 'self aware' lol.... ???

Lol. I will definitely keep that in mind. I’m going to shoot for some higher scores tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

look at this mass of pixels. What happened?

FC3D09C9-0CC1-42BD-BEEA-64A6F7989B69.jpeg

Sometimes the brown bomb explodes weirdly and the pixels get all narly looking. It's like an explosion of an explosion lol. ?

• Like 1