IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 1 - Space Armada

15 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I played one game just for fun ... and by mistake I hit 126,700. This is my last game ... promise !!

126700.JPG

Dude you play as many Space Armada games as you want. That's what this is ALL about...... ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

I just ran a 3:16 my best time yet AND still that's 10 seconds (which in racing is an eternity) behind your time of 3:06..... :-o:-o:-o

I tried using the blue car. It's like trying to tame a wild horse, lol ?

I won’t start Auto Racing for a while. Maybe mid-week. I have to remind myself what course # 2 looks like. 

Ok I found my Flashback to test Space Armada. Here’s what I found: the right border of the screen is missing, The colors are a little off, the sounds are a little off, and the controller is like a “dollar-store” Copy of the original controllers..... apart from that, it’s IDENTICAL ... :) :) ... I guess it’s a substitute, but not my cup of tea :) 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I like the flashback controllers. I don’t see anything wrong them. Unfortunately my flashback died but now I have one of the controllers connected to my Mac to use with emulation (Open Emu). The soft rubber side buttons are much more comfortable especially for a game like space armada

Edited by Player One
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Player One said:

I like the flashback controllers. I don’t see anything wrong them. Unfortunately my flashback died but now I have one of the controllers connected to my Mac to use with emulation (Open Emu). The soft rubber side buttons are much more comfortable especially for a game like space armada

You’re right... there’s nothing wrong with the controller if that’s the one you’re used to. For me every tiny difference in the controller affects my game-play. I’m just so used to the original controller. 

• Like 1

8th and FINAL Entry - So I got this CRAZY score in the middle of the contest, more towards the beginning actually. I didn't post it until now because that would have killed the fun of the build up.... ? I knew this one was the end and that other very good scores would come so wanted to keep this one for the final day. Got to the 23rd screen and I absolutely obliterated the red saucer in this one. I think I may have heard him crying a little bit. hahahahahaha ???. I ran outta guys so they didn't land on the Earth. ? I've waited 2 years for a Space Armada contest to pop up. I missed the one in May because I was really sick (not from Covid). Thanks guys, this was a BLAST!!! ?

SA5.jpg.beb5db7c026c64abca357124e020b3e6.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Formatting
  • Like 7

50 minutes ago, Player One said:

I prefer to use original hardware but I can’t handle the side buttons for Space Armada. I tried it but switched over midway. They kill my hands!

100%.... the side buttons on the original controller give my index finger nerve damage....Lol...... So I do 100% see your point! but my main frustration with the flashback is the depth of pressing the disc. On the original, I press the disc 2 mm... on the flashback it only presses down 1 mm, And that part frustrates me. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

8th and FINAL Entry - So I got this CRAZY score in the middle of the contest, more towards the beginning actually. I didn't post it until now because that would have killed the fun of the build up.... ? I knew this one was the end and that other very good scores would come so wanted to keep this one for the final day. Got to the 23rd screen and I absolutely obliterated the red saucer in this one. I think I may have heard him crying a little bit. hahahahahaha ???. I ran outta guys so they didn't land on the Earth. ? I've waited 2 years for a Space Armada contest to pop up. I missed the one in May because I was really sick (not from Covid). Thanks guys, this was a BLAST!!! ?

Holeeeeeee shit !!!!!!!!!!! What a score!!!!!!!

Good on you for concealing it! That was the right decision. 

You definitely are the King of Space Armada !!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Wow! Some devious sandbagging there, lol. I like it. I wonder what the world record is on this game, I think you might have it!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Wow! Some devious sandbagging there, lol. I like it. I wonder what the world record is on this game, I think you might have it!

Lol well 'sandbagging' wasn't my intention. If I posted this one early then I wouldn't of had fun posting the other really good scores.... It's all about the build up to the Crescendo... ?

36 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Lol well 'sandbagging' wasn't my intention. If I posted this one early then I wouldn't of had fun posting the other really good scores.... It's all about the build up to the Crescendo... ?

I’m with ya!  Great score!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

You have to build up the drama... and Crescendo ... done to perfection! A+ for dramatic effect!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

100%.... the side buttons on the original controller give my index finger nerve damage....

Index finger for the side buttons??  Oh my.  Had never even imagined holding the controller in such a manner.  Have you tried it with your thumb instead?

56 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Index finger for the side buttons??  Oh my.  Had never even imagined holding the controller in such a manner.  Have you tried it with your thumb instead?

Ha, there's just no intuitive way to hold this controller. You have to develop your own style through practice. I finally decided I needed my left thumb to always control the disc, because that is analogous to the way every other system I've played is configured.

And then for side buttons, it's thumbs, all the way. 

That said, as a lefty,  I REALLY appreciate the way many games are essentially ambidextrous.

Edited by Intelligentleman

1 minute ago, Intelligentleman said:

Ha, there's just no intuitive way to hold this controller. You have to develop your own style through practice. I finally decided I needed my left thumb to always control the disc, because that is analogous to the way every other system I've played is configured.

That said, as a lefty,  I REALLY appreciate the way many games are essentially ambidextrous.

I'm a righty, but also hold the controller exactly as you described.  Definitely cool that it doesn't force you to use your left hand to control if you wanted to reverse grip.  Another win for the Amico, all of the main systems are thoroughly stuck on left hand thumbstick for primary control.

• Like 2

Just now, Intelligentleman said:

Same here.  Disc with the left thumb, then it’s kinda like I am pinching the side buttons and pressing them with my right thumb. Only way I have ever played INTV.