IGNORED

ColecoVision Versus Atari 5200 Commercial

Random Terrain

On 7/16/2020 at 10:35 AM, DamonicFury said:

I wonder if this ridiculous ad had anything to do with Atarisoft’s CV PacMan port being shelved

It suffered from the same problems.  The 5200 now has Pac Man arcade and the CV has Pac Man Collection.  Both of these efforts blow Atari's version of Pac Man out the window.  It's just a shame we didn't get ports like that back in the day.

1 hour ago, christo930 said:

It suffered from the same problems.  The 5200 now has Pac Man arcade and the CV has Pac Man Collection.  Both of these efforts blow Atari's version of Pac Man out the window.  It's just a shame we didn't get ports like that back in the day.

The original 5200 port of Pac-Man wasn't so bad, I thought it was great, don't forget, back when it was first released for the 400/800/XL/XE back in 1982, it was considered arcade-quality at that time. Now fast forward 30 years to Pac-Man Arcade and that version blows it away!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

The original 5200 port of Pac-Man wasn't so bad, I thought it was great, don't forget, back when it was first released for the 400/800/XL/XE back in 1982, it was considered arcade-quality at that time. Now fast forward 30 years to Pac-Man Arcade and that version blows it away!!!

I always thought it looked bad compared to Ms Pac Man. They did a much better job with Ms Pac Man. It's like that on every port too.

• 4 weeks later...