IGNORED

Joust by Atarisoft for Commodore 64 RELEASED!

9 hours ago, Loafer said:

This is pretty cool, plays great. Personally I have nothing against the graphics, they are more than "good enough" in quality. The sound though feels like it could have used a bit more love.  I like it, thanks for the news on this release!

Looks like a direct port of the Atari 5200/8-bit version.  It's a pretty good port, though I imagine the C64 could handle more colorful sprites?

2 hours ago, JOD-I said:

forgive my nubeness.  is there a way to convert the .crt file to either a .d64 or .prg file that can be used on a sd2iec?

It is a cartridge file, which will (likely) reside at $C000.  BITD there were a number of programs to convert cartridge binaries into program (PRG) loaders.  I have a couple on disk stashed away, but you can likely find on in a quick Google.

Here are a couple of external sources with ideas:

Using VICE to do the job

https://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=176734#176734

An on-line CRT to PRG converter

https://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=728831#728831

Yeah, a cracked/trained version of Joust appeared on CSDb the same day the CRT was released to the public. I suppose it was leaked to selected parties a little ahead of time, or otherwise some groups are stand-by 24 hours a day ready to crack whatever new just was posted.

13 hours ago, carlsson said:

Yeah, a cracked/trained version of Joust appeared on CSDb the same day the CRT was released to the public. I suppose it was leaked to selected parties a little ahead of time, or otherwise some groups are stand-by 24 hours a day ready to crack whatever new just was posted.

It wasn’t leaked to anyone.  The only place that got it was games that weren’t. 

• 1 month later...