IGNORED

Romox cart dumps some unreleased maybe

ianoid

I dumped a bunch of Romox ECPC carts, some of which may be WIPs or unreleased or available and you've seen this all before. I don't know. I have images of the carts, but they are 2mb each and failed to upload. Further analysis appreciated. Enjoy. @Rom Hunter

A8 - Beat It Mar-9-86.bin A8 - Castles & Keys Final.bin A8 - Castles & Keys.bin A8 - Dancing Feats Dec 08 83.bin A8 - Flapper.bin A8 - Maniac master Mar-9-84.bin A8 - Porky's.bin A8 - Retrofire.bin A8 - Ripper 9-15-85.bin A8 - Topper.bin

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

Both A8 - Maniac master Mar-9-84.bin and A8 - Beat It Mar-9-86.bin are Color Sounds. One plays Michael Jacksons Beat-It and the other plays Maniac by Michael Sembello

One of the Castles & Keys is already known (be14c091) the Final is new.

Retrofire requires OSb

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

One of the Castles & Keys is already known (be14c091) the Final is new.

So are you saying that the existing rom for Castles & Keys is a WIP and this new one labeled FINAL is most likely the final version?  Why are there WIP versions of games on ROMOX ECPC carts?  Is  it possible that some of these other titles that have dates are WIP versions of games?

No, all I'm saying is that one of the two Castles & Keys posted were already in my database so my scanner recognised it, according to my database I got that cart crc from Kr0tki's list and his list points to atarimania so I guess that cart is the same as the one there.

I've not seen any of the other dumps before but I did find this exact list of carts in my searching so now I know who sold them :)

• 1 year later...

Some further analysis:

- As MR Robot already noticed, "A8 - Castles & Keys.bin" is identical to the known ROM at Atarimania, while "A8 - Castles & Keys Final.bin" is a formerly-unknown version. I haven't noticed any gameplay differences.

- "A8 - Flapper.bin" is an overdump, with first 8KB empty. The ROM at Atarimania is also an overdump, but containing random garbage in the first 8KB. The last 8KB is identical in both ROMs though. I am attaching the 8KB ROM image below.

- "A8 - Porky's.bin" is different from the known ROM at Atarimania, but only in 16 bytes in the area between $3D0B and $3D5A. It might be a legitimate different version, or a bad dump. I haven't noticed any gameplay differences.

- "A8 - Retrofire.bin" is an overdump, with first 8KB empty. I am attaching the stripped-off 8KB ROM below.

- "A8 - Topper.bin" differs from the known ROM in the $0000-$0201 area, which is level graphics, and seems to be a bad dump - the vertical stripes cover the playfield when the level starts.

- "A8 - Beat It Mar-9-86.bin", "A8 - Dancing Feats Dec 08 83.bin", "A8 - Maniac master Mar-9-84.bin" are all new ROMs.

Flapper (1983)(Romox)(US).bin Retrofire (1983)(Romox)(US).bin

Edited by Kr0tki
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2