IGNORED

Computerized Perceptual Therapy cartridge set dumps

ianoid

4 minutes ago, Keatah said:

That's the "Computer Orthoptics" one, right? Can it be assumed to work on real hardware?

Haven't tested it yet. It was the title I only got the startup screen from, and it was a different screen/font than the others. If you tell me the title, I can try it out. 

Try them in a Real Atari, first on an 800 and then on an XE, try with and without a disk drive connected...

it might either look for a disk or purposely not run if it sees a drive, it could even look for a cassette ... many things to try... could get even crazier if it look for custom device/display/ controlled hardware...

On 7/14/2020 at 7:47 PM, Keatah said:

Neither works on the 800XL. They both get to the title screen, and Diagonostics asks for a date, but after that, it gets nowhere. It’s possible they are looking for a peripheral, or it’s possible they are corrupt.

If someone wants to look at the program data, it might be possible to determine what they are doing after the title screen. That’s out of my league though.

Hello ianoid

On 7/16/2020 at 7:48 AM, ianoid said:

... Diagonostics asks for a date, but after that, it gets nowhere.

This might be a stupid question, but have you tried entering a date before the year 2000?

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Haven't gone through all of these, but it's worth noting that at least a couple require the joystick to be plugged into port 2.

This doesn't do anything to solve the boots-but-does-nothing behaviour a pair of them appear to have, but I have a suspicion that they may want a disk mounted R/W to be present.