IGNORED

Intellivision graphics on FPGA

Rev

Is the new nt mini not the same as the old nt mini.  It was suppose to have an intellivision core years ago.  And parallel type controllers like intellivision controllers were suppose to be supported through the expansion port in the back.

The mister fpga has an intellivision core and takes usb controllers so you could connect intellivision controllers with a usb adapter.

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Is the new nt mini not the same as the old nt mini.  It was suppose to have an intellivision core years ago.  And parallel type controllers like intellivision controllers were suppose to be supported through the expansion port in the back.

The mister fpga has an intellivision core and takes usb controllers so you could connect intellivision controllers with a usb adapter.

The new Nt mini is definitely not the same as the old one. It has a completely redone Famicom/NES core, redone Famicom Disk System audio, an entirely reworked menu, new options including interpolation, the addition of the Intellivision core, which will not be coming to the old Nt mini from what I can tell, and I think some of the other cores have been redone, as well. It also has a lot of other upgrades in addition to these, as well. Lots of people are quite upset that these updates were not announced earlier and that they probably won't be available on the old Nt mini.

As for the MiSTer, I have one, but I have not been able to get controllers to work on it at all. I am not sure what's wrong with it, but I'm considering getting a new DE10-Nano to see if that will fix my problems.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

That's all software, and it sounds like there are hardware differences in the nt mini v2 to make the software not directly compatible.  An intellivision core was said to be coming to the original nt mini.  It's too bad it never made it, but without proper controller support it doesn't matter too much.

18 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That's all software, and it sounds like there are hardware differences in the nt mini v2 to make the software not directly compatible.  An intellivision core was said to be coming to the original nt mini.  It's too bad it never made it, but without proper controller support it doesn't matter too much.

Oh, that's what you meant. It has a new FPGA.