IGNORED

Jaguar assembly tools container

If anyone is interested I have just pushed a container to docker hub that contains the latest build of RMAC and RLN.  I am using it for testing commits and package building for my Sound Engine in a CI/CD environment.  Other than RMAC/RLN it also features Make and a 68000 version of nm for extracting labels from the relocatable build of the sound engine.  Built on Ubuntu 18.04 base and is only about 100MB.

It's probably pretty niche but it's available if anyone else wants to use it.  I plan to stick the Dockerfile that built it on github when I get around to it. 

Anyone interested in it can snag it with:

docker pull hisol/jagbuild

(no versions at this time as this is just the 1st push that I needed for my automation shenanigans in GitLab :) )  Will try and keep it updated as new releases of RMAC/RLN are made.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2020 at 10:31 PM, LinkoVitch said:

If anyone is interested I have just pushed a container to docker hub that contains the latest build of RMAC and RLN.  I am using it for testing commits and package building for my Sound Engine in a CI/CD environment.  Other than RMAC/RLN it also features Make and a 68000 version of nm for extracting labels from the relocatable build of the sound engine.  Built on Ubuntu 18.04 base and is only about 100MB.

It's probably pretty niche but it's available if anyone else wants to use it.  I plan to stick the Dockerfile that built it on github when I get around to it. 

Anyone interested in it can snag it with:

docker pull hisol/jagbuild

(no versions at this time as this is just the 1st push that I needed for my automation shenanigans in GitLab :) )  Will try and keep it updated as new releases of RMAC/RLN are made.

to be honest I pulled your jagbuild bu I have no idea how to use it

Any hints?

I use it as part of my GIT servers CI/CD integration process.  When I push up changes to my Sound Engine code, it automatically uses that container to test the project builds without errors and if successful generates a release zip file for me.  I only released the container (which is like a small linux build with compiled versions of the tools) because I figured it may be handy for others as it was going on the Docker public repo anyway.

If you run it, you will be dropped in at a command prompt from which you have access to make, rmac and rln. 

docker run -it hisol/jagbuild

This won't be terribly useful unless you mount your local path containing your source into the container, then you can use those tools to build your source and get access to the result.

so something like

docker run -it -v /home/myuser/jagsource:/source hisol/jagbuild

which would mount the local directory /home/myuser/jagsource into the container at /source, essentially allowing the container to see the files on your machine in that path, from which you could then run the tools

cd /source
make
<magical make build stuff happens>

That is pretty much it.  There are plenty of help files etc on dockers website to explain the various switches etc, (you should really put --rm in that command after -it, or you will gradually end up with a full drive of old container volumes :) ) This should work under windows, but YMMV as Docker under Windows is mostly made of fail and crashes.

Yeah, *NIX OSes (with the exception of MacOS) are case sensitive.  It's worth getting into and not being sloppy with such things.  If you keep everything correctly cased, then no issues, worth a little faff to correct case on stuff you are working on, it's a one off thing that doesn't negatively affect anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2020 at 6:13 PM, Cyprian_K said:

@LinkoVitch would be possible to add jconverter to your container?

Don't see any reason why not assuming it is available as a Linux application? Do you have URL for it?

Sorry for the slow response, I don't always get around to keeping up to date with the retro goodness these days