128Kgames

iiRcade Dragon's Lair themed cab

Posting this here for more exposure, if anyone is interested in a new full size multi-game arcade system that will let you purchase and run original ROMs they have just announced a Dragon's Lair themed limited edition, in addition to the standard bar top and full size cabinets:

Black Edition cabinet introduced with free Double Dragon skin:

3e41719c2623da4cc80d776c87254ff5_original.jpg

I built mine over a period of two days and posted a short video: 

I also posted some images of the process as it was happening on social media: https://twitter.com/billloguidice/media

A few initial observations. The quality of the materials is very good, and of course the upgraded Sanwa joysticks and buttons are excellent. The screen quality is pretty nice and the speakers are very good. The control panel height when on the stand is unusually high, higher than even full-size cabinets. It's actually comfortable for an average adult (I'm just over 5'9"), but I wonder if small kids, even on a high bar stool, might have some problems.

The UI is pretty generic and the proprietary store is sparse for now. The software is definitely behind the hardware, but there's definitely some good potential. It's the best built machine of all the 3/4 scale machines, and the biggest, but it's also the most expensive post-Kickstarter. In fact, it's even more expensive than some full-size machines.