IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 3 - Auto Racing

1st Entry for the 2nd Course - Working from home today so lunchtime I ran some races on Course 2. Some okay times and then this happened. One crash otherwise it 'might' have been under 6 minutes...? @BiffMan Dude you are right, this course is a BLAST. I've learned to do a wicked drift on the 180 hook when you start a new lap... I haven't perfected it though as that's where my 1 crash was, but when that one works it's pretty sweet ?

So far both courses....

Course 1 Red Car - 3:15

Course 2 Red Car - 6:05

AR5C2(605)S13.jpg.50ad53f46ba7b2b1619902ec7f7d23c8.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

1st Entry for the 2nd Course - Working from home today so lunchtime I ran some races on Course 2. Some okay times and then this happened. One crash otherwise it 'might' have been under 6 minutes...? @BiffMan Dude you are right, this course is a BLAST. I've learned to do a wicked drift on the 180 hook when you start a new lap... I haven't perfected it though as that's where my 1 crash was, but when that one works it's pretty sweet ?

So far both courses....

Awesome times!  I 

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

So far both courses....

Fantastic times!  If you hit 6:05 with a wreck, you can probably get under 6 minutes with red.  I know 1980gamer was able to hit 5:50 on track 2 in the read car, so that's probably the perfect lap target since he was also able to do 3:11 on track 1 which is 1 second better than I can do with red on it with what I consider a completely clean run.  

• Like 2

My best so far with the Blue bucking bronco. This car is WILD!!! ?

All times so far.....

Course 1 - Red Car 3:15

Course 1 - Blue Car 3:25

Course 2 - Red Car 6:05

ARBlue(325)S13.jpg.0921a330a836c2d5c6313d7edeb9a9df.jpg 

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 3

When I got my first Intellivision, we bought Star Strike at the same time.  Of course, it came with Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack, which was an interesting game for a 10 year old to play all the time... 

The next game we bought was Auto Racing, and I was NEVER any good at it.  I'll give the courses a try, maybe with the green car, but I'll probably be focusing on Night Stalker until Sunday, then patiently wait for Game #4.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gar0u said:

When I got my first Intellivision, we bought Star Strike at the same time.  Of course, it came with Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack, which was an interesting game for a 10 year old to play all the time... 

The next game we bought was Auto Racing, and I was NEVER any good at it.  I'll give the courses a try, maybe with the green car, but I'll probably be focusing on Night Stalker until Sunday, then patiently wait for Game #4.

Since hardly anyone is posting times on this, you could be top 10 or top 5!  ? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Biff ... we’re still waiting for your times :) ..... or are you coming in at the end with a heavy sandbag?? :)

I posted times.  :)

No sandbagging, just haven't managed anything better in the blue yet.

35 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Since hardly anyone is posting times on this, you could be top 10 or top 5!  ? 

Rickster - Meaning only 3 separate players have posted times thus far, so next person to post a time is guaranteed top 4 for the moment.  ? 

42 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Rickster - Meaning only 3 separate players have posted times thus far, so next person to post a time is guaranteed top 4 for the moment.  ? 

Lol, I put a confused face not bcuz I didn't understand you, but bcuz there haven't been many times posted yet. Meaning I can't understand why? ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Lol !!! Gotcha! In that case, read the manual on how to steer!!! You have to learn how to steer into a pitchy corner to get the good times !! 

I have, just need the time to put into it.  Time for me to go to bed now. It’s almost 2am here lol. I’ll put up a time or 2 soon. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gar0u said:

Same here, it was one of my first games! As a kid I never cared about my times. I just loved racing that car around the track........ and I too became a gambler by 12 years old from the Poker and blackjack game Lol !!! 

• Like 1