IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 2 - Night Stalker

20 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

3rd Entry - Ohhh goodie, at 80,000 pts the black robot is invisible. :-o:-o:-o I forgot about that 'wonderful' detail.... ?

NS3S13.jpg.49ab4975b9c0a9970cb83b0de942c8c0.jpg

As legend has it, that damn invisible robot was a last minute add in that came at the expense of the spiders’ ability to drop webs which would slow down the player character. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

As legend has it, that damn invisible robot was a last minute add in that came at the expense of the spiders’ ability to drop webs which would slow down the player character. 

Seriously? ?

Just now, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Hello HSC ! I'm new to this website. I thought I would try my luck in this contest. Here is my Night Stalker score. I just wish I didn't miss the cutoff for Space Armada. Hopefully I can catch up with my other games. Happy Intellivision'ing guys !!!

94700.JPG

Welcome... Space Armada is still open for 5 more days.... ?

6 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Hello HSC ! I'm new to this website. I thought I would try my luck in this contest. Here is my Night Stalker score. I just wish I didn't miss the cutoff for Space Armada. Hopefully I can catch up with my other games. Happy Intellivision'ing guys !!!

94700.JPG

Each game runs for 2 weeks, so you still have time to enter a Space Armada score!

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Played some more of this tonight. Great game, but man, controlling the running man really sucks. He is so herky-jerky in this game, and sometimes unresponsive when you want him to turn a corner.  I wish they made the controls a bit smoother for him. Classic game though!

Yeah it's another peril of the disc. Joysticks work much better. One of my sons was playing Pacman tonight and cursing the disc, lol

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah it's another peril of the disc. Joysticks work much better. One of my sons was playing Pacman tonight and cursing the disc, lol

Actually Pac Man controls great with the disc.  My opinion of course. But I have never had any disc issues with Pac Man. In fact, I find the disc works well with most Inty games. But Night Stalker is one of the few that it doesn’t. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

4th Entry - A little improvement. The goal is 100k plus, but that damn invisible robot is DREADFUL!!! ?

NS4S13.jpg.d64eae66f40f310fd51a926a8a0b2165.jpg

Nice!  From about 15k - 50k, this game is very boring and slow, I think.  Sucks to have to go through all of that just to get to the interesting/intense parts of it.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Nice!  From about 15k - 50k, this game is very boring and slow, I think.  Sucks to have to go through all of that just to get to the interesting/intense parts of it.

Yeah sometimes you have to wait for the 'coast to be clear' before you can run to go get your new ammo.... I also think each gun re-load should have had 10 shots in it, 6 is too low to me.... ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah sometimes you have to wait for the 'coast to be clear' before you can run to go get your new ammo.... I also think each gun re-load should have had 10 shots in it, 6 is too low to me.... ?

Totally agree.  Waiting around in the bunker for the right moment takes forever sometimes.  That discourages me from playing this one a lot.  And 10 shots would be awesome!

24 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

I kinda feel that way about many of the intv games from Mattel. Still love them despite the pacing quirks.

Agreed, some are slow, but still very fun. The complex strategy games, like Utopia, Sea Battle, or Sub Hunt, are slow but so damn good and interesting.  They put a lot of effort and creativity into those games to make them engaging, and I love them.  They aren't for everyone of course, but there are still so many great action games on the system too.  And that is what made the Inty so unique.  

• Like 3