IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 2 - Night Stalker

8th Entry - Had my best Night Stalker game ever today. Like Matt, I think I'm gonna 'tap the brakes' on this game though, cuz it's racing time BOYS!!! ?️

Gentlemen START YOUR ENGINES!!!! ?

NS8FS13.jpg.65f5771777538b5b43db8cc3e1fe8ae8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rickster8 said:

8th Entry - Had my best Night Stalker game ever today. Like Matt, I think I'm gonna 'tap the brakes' on this game though, cuz it's racing time BOYS!!! ?️

Very nice! 

Which emulator are you using; the Flashback or the Retropie?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Damn man, you just can’t get enough!  Lol.  Incredible scores! Don’t know how you have the patience to put that much time into it.  I love me some Intellivision but you have a whole new level of dedication!

• Like 1

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

Damn man, you just can’t get enough!  Lol.  Incredible scores! Don’t know how you have the patience to put that much time into it.  I love me some Intellivision but you have a whole new level of dedication!

Lol, well my boys play Fortnite ALL DAY and the wife gardens so I'm reliving my teen years with Intellivision lol..... ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Lol, well my boys play Fortnite ALL DAY and the wife gardens so I'm reliving my teen years with Intellivision lol..... ?

Haha. Similar situation here. My son is always playing PS4 and I’m playing Intellivision, mixed in with some Nintendo NES and Switch games.  My son actually likes to play some INTV games with me too, like Utopia, Baseball, Sea Battle, and Snafu.  Those are great strategy games that still hold up well after all these years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Haha. Similar situation here. My son is always playing PS4 and I’m playing Intellivision, mixed in with some Nintendo NES and Switch games.  My son actually likes to play some INTV games with me too, like Utopia, Baseball, Sea Battle, and Snafu.  Those are great strategy games that still hold up well after all these years. 

My youngest sometimes plays Snafu with me. Both boys will occasionally play Intellivision, but they are generally bored with the graphics. I mean compared to Fortnite now, InTV was strong on graphics 40 years ago, now though it's laughable to compare them... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

My youngest sometimes plays Snafu with me. Both boys will occasionally play Intellivision, but they are generally bored with the graphics. I mean compared to Fortnite now, InTV was strong on graphics 40 years ago, now though it's laughable to compare them... 

Haha yeah it’s so different and primitive in comparison. My son makes fun of it too, but he likes the gameplay of many of the games. Even my daughter likes to play Frogger on it. Lol. Some of the games are still fun for all ages. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Haha yeah it’s so different and primitive in comparison. My son makes fun of it too, but he likes the gameplay of many of the games. Even my daughter likes to play Frogger on it. Lol. Some of the games are still fun for all ages. 

Snafu doesn't need better graphics. ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Rickster8 is a natural.  For people like him, it comes easy.

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Amazing your son will play Sea Battle.  It's one of my favourite games but I haven't played it since 1983.

1 minute ago, BiffMan said:

Snafu doesn't need better graphics. ?

That's because the music is so good.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Amazing your son will play Sea Battle.  It's one of my favourite games but I haven't played it since 1983.

It surprised me too that he likes Sea Battle. He likes that each ship has its own characteristics and we can choose what location on the map to have our battles. It’s definitely a great game that was ahead of its time.
And Snafu music rocks!  Fun little game that never gets old. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

13 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That's because the music is so good.

Indeed!  Whenever a game ends, it's a house rule that if it's the "best" music (the one that accelerates) then we have to let it finish before starting a new game.  ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Indeed!  Whenever a game ends, it's a house rule that if it's the "best" music (the one that accelerates) then we have to let it finish before starting a new game.  ? 

Yes lol, my youngest son loves that one that accelerates. We were cracking up rocking out to it a few weeks ago. He's 10 so he thinks it's hysterical.... ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Yes lol, my youngest son loves that one that accelerates. We were cracking up rocking out to it a few weeks ago. He's 10 so he thinks it's hysterical.... ?

So funny...same reaction with my son...he’s 11. That game’s music is iconic.  

Edited by IntyFanMatt

On 7/24/2020 at 2:59 PM, IntyFanMatt said:

Jacob, when the Amico is released, do you think there will be a HSC here for that system too?  I would imagine the system will need to be a big success with lots of people owning it first.

Interesting, I know Albert was I think is in charge of creating HSC forums here at AA. So, if enough are interested... it probably would happen I'd say.

• Like 1

Night Stalker... I love the nostalgia of the game! I plug it in every 10 years and I love it. Then I remember how frustrating the game can get. And the patience required to get a good score. I definitely have to be in the mood to play this one :) ... I would say I have nice potential on these first two games... but I wouldn’t say they’re my best games :) 

I don’t want to influence the selection of games (for or against) ... so I guess “Stay Tuned” :) :) 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Night Stalker... I love the nostalgia of the game! I plug it in every 10 years and I love it. Then I remember how frustrating the game can get. And the patience required to get a good score. I definitely have to be in the mood to play this one :) ... I would say I have nice potential on these first two games... but I wouldn’t say they’re my best games :) 

I don’t want to influence the selection of games (for or against) ... so I guess “Stay Tuned” :) :) 

Definitely a frightening prospect if these aren't the games you're good at.... LOL.  As to the selection of games, I believe Jacob said he had them all mapped out ahead of time, so no worries about influencing this season, but certainly don't be shy about calling out any games you'd like to see included in future seasons if they don't turn up for this one!

• Thanks 1