IGNORED

Image with 1000 games, special for TOS 1.00-1.02

I made new image (for SD card, UltraSatan, Satandisk, ICD type adapters) with lot of hard disk adapted games, special for people with TOS 1.00 or 1.02 in their ST, Mega ST. Needed to take care about low RAM usage of driver and buffers, so partitions are smaller size. This works with higher TOS versions too, so can use with STE, Mega STE, TT .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hgkdnnwym334ilg/1000GamesT02.zip/file

Size is 541 MB. Unpacked: 1.2 GB, so need card of min 2 GB size.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

I made new image (for SD card, UltraSatan, Satandisk, ICD type adapters) with lot of hard disk adapted games, special for people with TOS 1.00 or 1.02 in their ST, Mega ST. Needed to take care about low RAM usage of driver and buffers, so partitions are smaller size. This works with higher TOS versions too, so can use with STE, Mega STE, TT .

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hgkdnnwym334ilg/1000GamesT02.zip/file

Size is 541 MB. Unpacked: 1.2 GB, so need card of min 2 GB size.

wow, nice work PP! 

Has anyone gotten this to work?

Tried this and can't get either of the Ultrasatans I have to recognize or boot it.

The Ultrasatans are working fine with other images I've written to 1gb SD cards.

Tried two different 4mb 1040st's with TOS 1.04.

I used the Drimg v1.35 utility to write the .img file to a 2gb SD card.

I'm using Win XP but tried the ZEROS.IMG trick also...

Windows will see the first 30mb partition on the 2gb SD card, and can see the remaining unmounted 9 partitions in Disk Management.

It also sees the unallocated space. Drimg can see the files on any partition using the "View Files" option.

Edited by firebottle

I will make  game list by partitions at weekend.

Windows see by default only first partition on removable media. To see all them need to install special driver to override that limit.

http:// http://atari.8bitchip.info/profb/cfadisk_x86_x64.zip

What I noticed with my only one 2 GB SD card and UltraSatan is that it needs often restart to activate normally after power on.

18 minutes ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

What I noticed with my only one 2 GB SD card and UltraSatan is that it needs often restart to activate normally after power on.

Yes, I tried the reset trick, the red led flashes once and no go. Still tries to boot from floppy.

Also, I tried a Satandisk and it didn't work either.

I'll try digging out an Atari ST with an older TOS and see what happens.

As said it works with higher TOS versions too. Just checked with 2.06 and works.

Over 70 downloads so far, no other complains. Usual problems are:  low quality SD card, USB reader don't like SD card (that happens rather with larger sizes) .

Firebottle, if problems persists, please send me very first sector from SD card, so set in Drimg Sectors from start 0,  Sector count 1 . After trying it on Atari.

I just popped in to thank you for all the new conversions I saw last night that you have been cranking out!  Phantasie 1-3 I think are ones I had asked about at some point and now they are on your site!

I am hoping I can resurrect my original UltraSatan and use that.

Thanks for all the hard work!  I will download this image to try out on my 1040STe with 1.62/2.06 TOS.

On 7/22/2020 at 6:56 PM, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Windows see by default only first partition on removable media.

Windows 10 (at lest since few builds) can see multiple partitions on removable drives. I've tried also a trick of using SD to IDE board with IDE to USB bridge, and even Windows 7 could see multiple partitions on SD card them.

2 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

Well, at least Win 10 is now really better in something than older versions ?   What I used some years ago did not see multiple partitions on removable.

Ha, yeah I mostly use Linux, and they show up perfectly fine there.  Weirdly I cannot get Hmhddriver's partitions to show up in Linux at all, but the multiple partitions show up in Windows.  Never have figured out why.

Sorry Zeptari1, this will not work on Falcon. Driver is for ACSI port, what's no on Falcon.

But you can transfer games from it to your Falcon hard disk/Flash card - for instance writing it to some card, Pen drive, then can copy from it to PC/Mac, and then to your Falcon media. Or using Winimage (if I remember correct) to access directories from image.  About 80% should work with Falcon.

• Like 1

Just now, leech said:

Oops, thought I had confirmed this as well.  I also can confirm it works on the MiSTer.

You might have and I just missed it. Glad to know it works with MiSTer, i need to get one of. those, as maintaining all of this hard ware is becoming insane. The TOS 1.62 STE's sound died after playing Arkanoid from this image. I'm sure it's not PPs image, it just 30 year old hardware going "Bye Bye" ?