IGNORED

Battlemorph reprint and soundtrack

Songbird

The soundtrack CD and controller overlay are in stock and shipping now. We hit a snag during the game CD run at the factory, so they're redoing it now and will send me some final production samples soon to verify. The game should still be available later this month.

Thanks again for all the support on this! Really glad to keep Battlemorph going after all these years. :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 6:45 AM, Songbird said:

The soundtrack CD and controller overlay are in stock and shipping now. We hit a snag during the game CD run at the factory, so they're redoing it now and will send me some final production samples soon to verify. The game should still be available later this month.

Thanks again for all the support on this! Really glad to keep Battlemorph going after all these years. :)

"Well done!"

-Skylar

• Like 2

On 8/7/2021 at 4:45 AM, Songbird said:

Battlemorph is a high-water mark for the retail release library. Thanks for the re-release! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update: the first and second batch of samples had a defect, so we are now on our third run of factory samples. I hope I will have this resolved by end of September, but don't know for certain yet. Thank you to everyone for their patience!

2 hours ago, captainblack said:

Just throwing out the idea, but would it be realistic to release the game on Saturn, PS1 or even just PC?

No, because the source code is not available. Even if it was, it would all be 68000 and Jaguar RISC assembly which would not lend itself to porting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Songbird said:

Quick update: the first and second batch of samples had a defect, so we are now on our third run of factory samples. I hope I will have this resolved by end of September, but don't know for certain yet. Thank you to everyone for their patience!

No, because the source code is not available. Even if it was, it would all be 68000 and Jaguar RISC assembly which would not lend itself to porting.

Ah okay gotcha. Whats the story with the source code? Lost in the chaos of Atari's bankruptcy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bumbry88 said:

Received the game in the mail today.  Thanks Carl!!  Now I just hope my CD player still works.  

Checked my mail yesterday, which the mailbox is now an hour from where I live since I just moved.

Wasn't there yesterday, guess I get to wait a week before I get to hear the soundtrack (which was the main reason I bought the all in one pack)

Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

The manual is top-notch. I finished reading it tonight, and I wish I'd read it all before I got impatient and dove in, because I've already missed a planet cloaker and a few security vaults just because I didn't realize they were anything more than decorations in the levels. RTFM!