IGNORED

Battlemorph reprint and soundtrack

Songbird

Thanks! We spent a lot of time on the manual because it had to be reconstructed from scratch, including switching the layout from a horizontal booklet to a vertical one. We had no source files to go from, other than scans of the original printed manual. It took lots of hours as well as many screen captures in-game to fill in the blanks. Battlemorph is a fairly deep game so I think it was worth it in the end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Songbird said:

Thanks! We spent a lot of time on the manual because it had to be reconstructed from scratch, including switching the layout from a horizontal booklet to a vertical one. We had no source files to go from, other than scans of the original printed manual. It took lots of hours as well as many screen captures in-game to fill in the blanks. Battlemorph is a fairly deep game so I think it was worth it in the end.

So you are saying even if we have the Atari original we still need to open up the Songbird reprint and look through the new and improved manual?

• Like 1

I'm not saying there is "new" content in the sense of new hints, new strategies, etc. I was just saying that the manual was not a quick reprint; we spent many hours regenerating the layout and also we used new video captures for some of the thumbnails and screenshots. So it's not 100% identical to the original manual, but no substantial content changes either.

27 minutes ago, Songbird said:

I'm not saying there is "new" content in the sense of new hints, new strategies, etc. I was just saying that the manual was not a quick reprint; we spent many hours regenerating the layout and also we used new video captures for some of the thumbnails and screenshots. So it's not 100% identical to the original manual, but no substantial content changes either.

Got you. My package arrived today by the way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

I loaded the CD into my old iMac and I imported the songs into my music library, but there are no titles for the tracks. Is there anyway to find the names so I can input them manually?

Song titles as follows:

Track 1

Track 2

Track 3

Etc.

16 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

I loaded the CD into my old iMac and I imported the songs into my music library, but there are no titles for the tracks. Is there anyway to find the names so I can input them manually?

The names were there for me when I ripped it into my library.  The artist for each track is listed as Songbird Productions on the disc, but looking at the packaging it looks like Will Davis is most likely the original composer.  Regardless there is a Discogs listing for this album, you can extract the information you need from there.  https://www.discogs.com/release/20543035-Will-Davis-Battlemorph-Soundtrack .

• Like 1

I noticed something weird in the manual. On page 7 it mentions the button assignments and mentions the ProController which is fine. But on closer inspection it says that buttons 5 and 8 are buttons 1 and 3 on the ProController?

Then it says button 9 is button 2 on the ProController?

Finally it says button 7 is button 5 on the ProController.

Am I crazy or are these incorrect?

36 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

I noticed something weird in the manual. On page 7 it mentions the button assignments and mentions the ProController which is fine. But on closer inspection it says that buttons 5 and 8 are buttons 1 and 3 on the ProController?

Then it says button 9 is button 2 on the ProController?

Finally it says button 7 is button 5 on the ProController.

Am I crazy or are these incorrect?

Nevermind, I found out that if I select "ProController" in the game options, it changes the button layout.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 6:18 PM, tripled79 said:

Nevermind, I found out that if I select "ProController" in the game options, it changes the button layout.

Yeah, this keeps throwing me off. Once I remember which buttons are which, the ProController layout is much nicer, but when I look down at the overlay, it's all wrong on the ProController. Who's up to making a ProController Battlemorph overlay? ;-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cubanismo said:

Yeah, this keeps throwing me off. Once I remember which buttons are which, the ProController layout is much nicer, but when I look down at the overlay, it's all wrong on the ProController. Who's up to making a ProController Battlemorph overlay? ;-)

That's what I'm talking about!This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Thanks 1