IGNORED

Page Loads Slow on Mobile?

Karl G

Does it seem to anyone else that pages take a lot longer to load on mobile? It seems like it pauses for a long time before it tries to fully load the page. I haven't noticed the same issue when using my laptop. This is Chrome running on Android. 

Everything else being equal, pages should load the same speed as they do on a desktop computer. There's nothing really different about loading a page on mobile except how the browser renders the view (narrower).  Having said that, there is a lot of Javascript on the forum, and if you're running a slow device then page loads will definitely be slower as a result.

One thing I have seen is that very large threads absolutely take longer to load, and that's on my list of things to try and mitigate.  I'll need to get Invision involved with that to investigate why those threads are slow to load (it's obviously due to the size of the thread), as it is super annoying to me.  But those threads will low slowly on mobile and desktop views.

If you see specific pages that are loading slowly, please link them here and I can see if they load slowly for me as well.

..Al