IGNORED

Gotek problem

Hi,

I hope you can help me with my gotek.... I'm almost about to throw it by the window!!!?

I've flash the latest Flashfloppy firmware (2.14).

I copy the two files (autoboot.hfe and hxcsdfe.cfg) with some .st image on my usb key, at the root . 

put a jumper on S0 and M0 or without M0

I always get the F-F message.  On the gotek, If I push the left button nothing happen, with the right button, It display the number 2 and after it change by itself to 14 and then go back to F-F. this happen with my usb key inserted or not.

I use a 1040 STfm, usb key 32 gig.

I notice that the drive light is always on. Is it normal?

Thanks for any help, frustration is at is highest level with that thing!

The M0 jumper isn't needed, butt I don't think it will cause any problems if used. Have you tried another flash drive or made certain that the one you're using is formatted to FAT32?

I'm assuming you don't get the FF file selector screen on your ST?

Edited by bfollowell

I've tried with and without the M0 jumper. Still the same.

I didn't try another flash drive. But I'm sure I formated it with FAT32. When I go back to work, I will get some to try but not before two weeks :(

And you're right, I don't get the file selector. In fact, after a while I get to the desktop but if I open the A drive, it's like there is no disk.

I think maybe my gotek is not good.

I'm thinking maybe I should buy another gotek. Where would be a good place to buy one and which model? (Aliexpress?, they have so many models...)

I checked back and I've purchased four, all from the same seller on eBay. I've had no problems whatsoever with this seller or with the Goteks purchased from them. It looks like they still have some for sale, though they do ship from China, so they may take a bit longer to receive, depending on where you're located.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-1-44MB-USB-Floppy-Drive-Emulator-for-YAMAHA-KORG-keyboard-GOTEK-grey-white/221471089971?hash=item3390b4a533:g:gl0AAOSwVupTo6Az

Seems that it not recognised the USB stick then? Error code seems to be that no slots has been assigned a disc image. You should be able to select slot 0 to bring up autoboot.hfe and file selector menu. What happens if you remove autoboot.hfe and hxcsdfe.cfg? 

https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Error-Messages

Edited by snarkdluG

Good news!

I've used a usb key from my daughter and it works! I feel stupid about that ;)

I flash to 3.15 also.

The only thing though is it's seems to be really picky about the usb key.

I tried a Transcend 32 gig with no success, A Sandisk cruzer glide 3.0 64 gig with no success as well.

Just a no brand 8 gig usb key worked so far (which belong to my daughter has work so far).

I want to get a working usb key, which one are you using that you have no problem with?

Thanks for all your help!

Yves

I've used multiple SanDisks and had no problems. SanDisk is pretty much all I use for flash & SD media. Also, it goes without saying, never buy removable media from eBay.

I finally settled on these for my Goteks because I like the low profile format, they're a reputable brand, and the capacity is more than enough to hold pretty much everything ever released for the ST line.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MPCJDXS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On 7/25/2020 at 11:07 AM, bfollowell said:

I've used multiple SanDisks and had no problems. SanDisk is pretty much all I use for flash & SD media. Also, it goes without saying, never buy removable media from eBay.

I finally settled on these for my Goteks because I like the low profile format, they're a reputable brand, and the capacity is more than enough to hold pretty much everything ever released for the ST line.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MPCJDXS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought the same USB key and it works fine! :)

Thanks!