IGNORED

Bankswitching and ROM sizes

Yeah same deal, i had just done a fresh install and included the bios and rom folders before initial first boot. The XM module still boots into the empty cart phase however crashes when trying to boot the ROM.

Yeah the crash is straight to desktop without an error message so it acts like incompatibility would. Standard console boots fine with retail ROMs and homebrew projects. It's just XM that crashes on boot and it doesn't even get to display the bios fuji logo. It crashes A7800 instantly after selecting the ROM.

9 hours ago, TwentySixHundred said:

Yeah same deal, i had just done a fresh install and included the bios and rom folders before initial first boot. The XM module still boots into the empty cart phase however crashes when trying to boot the ROM.

Yeah the crash is straight to desktop without an error message so it acts like incompatibility would. Standard console boots fine with retail ROMs and homebrew projects. It's just XM that crashes on boot and it doesn't even get to display the bios fuji logo. It crashes A7800 instantly after selecting the ROM.

Try renaming the file.  Instead of:

sounds.bas.a78

Try:

sounds.a78

It may be useful if you launch A7800 from a CMD window instead, as that way you'll see any error output.

Also you might want to double check that the a78 file actually is correct in size. The only time I've seen a7800 crash out personally is when I've accidentally specified a wrong-sized file of the wrong type.

1 hour ago, RevEng said:

Sadly, not a whole lot of helpful info there.

Just one shot in the dark - can you try setting up a7800 in a location without spaces in the path? I don't think it should make a difference, but it's the one thing that's sticking out to me.

Yeah noticed that and wondered and thought the same, makes sense when compiling but never had an issue with whitespace using emulators. I will have a look tonight and see what happens ?

Yeah installed straight to desktop with no whitespace in the path, still no go, was worth a try though. It's all good anyway i probably wont worry about pokey and using the XM module. See how things go in the future when a7800 is compatible with pkey and bankswitching

• Like 1