IGNORED

Troy Aikman NFL Football (Jaguar Review) - Any Fans in the House?

Adriano Arcade

I think I was able to score over 200 pts. in a game(5 minute quarters).  It is extremely unbalanced. Some more playtesting and tweaking and it could have been a good game. I will still play it once in awhile during football season....remember those days???

• Like 1

As I don't know the rules of American Football, (it's mostly soccer here) I don't understand the game, and these sort of games are not my cup of tea so I won't look into how to play it.

The review however, is biased imo in a negative way towards the Atari Jaguar.

In short; I don't like the game and I don't like the review?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Machine said:

I think I was able to score over 200 pts. in a game(5 minute quarters).

Did the opposition even turn up!

Tory Aikman could be better, particularly the graphics and it has been a long time since I played it, but I don't think it is that bad and it is quite playable. Although I do find the inability to save the 3 plays you can design yourself annoying.

"The game doesn’t have windows for your receivers so you have to memorise which of the receivers corresponds with which button when you’re choosing the play."

I have played a lot of Madden 07, maybe it is the way I play it but I don't really see what the reviewer is complaining about as I memorise the button-player relationship for that as well otherwise I end up passing the the wrong player. 

" With each increased difficulty setting the only difference is that they gradually win more 50/50s. It feels like the coin is weighted more in favour with the opposition with each increment rather than anything different happening with the players on the field."

Again, I'm not sure what the reviewers apparent issue is with this, if things are not more weighted towards the opposition as the difficulty increased then how would the difficulty increase otherwise. I am not sure what they expect to see different on the field, surely a Corner covering a Receiver will look the same regardless of how difficult the defender is playing. It the percentage chance of whether or not it is the Corner or Receiver that gets the ball which is determined by the difficulty.  

Maybe in some games when the opposition is set to easy the defenders play 10 yards off the receivers and gradually get tighter as their difficulty increases and that is what they were expecting, but that is hardly reality, you don't usually see rookies playing like that. Plus there are limits to what can be achieved with a 4MB cartridge.

4 hours ago, Stephen Moss said:

Did the opposition even turn up!

I onside kicked after each score. Half the time I was successful, the other half I would just let the cpu score as soon as possible. The game has 3-4 passing plays that usually work for big gains. Running for me was difficult and I never used run plays.  A little more tweaking, it could have been a much more fun game. Seems like it was not fine tuned(gameplay-wise).