IGNORED

URI1, URI2, URI3

Omega-TI

12 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

https://github.com/jedimatt42/tipi/blob/1ea33e66d7209a47d5defbbee2fe5d7da24af3aa/examples/telnet/terminal.c#L518

I don't remember why left arrow is disabled. 

input to this function is probably result of KSCAN(5) ... so in the Appendix of "Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Computer: User's Reference Guide"  Appendix - figure 3 

The main thing I couldn't figure out was the simple backspace.  I tried the left arrow (translated '\b') and CTRL +'h'.  I did not see the expected on-screen response at the command line.  However, after typing a command. 'ls' and 2 backspaces(above) and 'ENTER', the screen goes to the next line with no command execution.   I guess that I am not getting an onscreen response but the keys work?   

On 7/24/2020 at 5:59 PM, dgrissom said:

I'll try it.  I used lynx a long time ago.  Forgot about it....  Based on speed of the interface, I would probably stick with PC based.

Force Command's FTP will do most of what is requested with the exception of uploads. (not implemented in TIPI/FC and most FTP sites won't allow it).

Jedimatt42 has a good step by step example at: https://github.com/jedimatt42/fcmd/wiki/Commands#ftp-client

FTP from Force Command is a little slow but seems to work fine. 

I logged in.  CD'ed to TIPI.  Got a directory.  and downloaded another copy of EDIT40 to my TIPI.MAIN directory. (That makes about 10 copies.  I must like the software!)  ?

Just a FYI,

Before the last time I had to make a new SD card, I had my Geneve TIPI/PI setup with FTP capability I added on the PI.  I could use the TIPI version of MyTerm to login to localhost, and then ftp and save files where I wanted on the PI.  This is the fastest way to transfer, almost instantaneous, as you are really removing any data handling from the TI/Geneve when you are using the FTP client on the PI.  At this point, the TI/Geneve is just a terminal for display purposes.

A couple of things here.  I had to add a bit more negotiation code for the Telnet protocol, and if you are going to try and go that route, 80 column capability makes things much easier to read on the screen.  At 40 columns, it was really ugly, especially as you progressed down into subdirectories.  Not sure if I tried it with Matt's Telnet client at 64 columns.  I do not think MXT/TIPI would work as it does not have the extra negotiation for the Telnet protocol.

Beery

4 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Just a FYI,

A couple of things here.  I had to add a bit more negotiation code for the Telnet protocol, and if you are going to try and go that route, 80 column capability makes things much easier to read on the screen.  At 40 columns, it was really ugly, especially as you progressed down into subdirectories.  Not sure if I tried it with Matt's Telnet client at 64 columns. 

Yep, 40 columns ain't gonna cut it.

Maybe in a few months I'll finally be able to get a F18.   Hopefully that will allow better terminal emulation or appearance within the Raspberry PI OS.  

Until that time...

• Like 1