IGNORED

old mac games

Some drives are presumed able to self-terminate on the scsi bus, but this is done by backfeeding voltage onto the termination pins, rather than adding an inline resistor.

It may be possible that this has been damaged on your drive, (or for whatever reason is not being read properly).

If your internal scsi cable has more than one 50pin connector on it, consider jamming one of these on the end, and see if that fixes it.

9 hours ago, wierd_w said:

Miniscribe was a manufacturer back in the day. IIRC, they got bought out first by Maxstor, then Seagate.

What I am reading about that drive from Tularc, is that it does need termination.

Probably need one of these passive terminators.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-INTERNAL-SCSI-TERMINATOR-PASSIVE-50-PIN-FOR-INTERNAL-SCSI-/303498916019

But if I never touched the hard drive and its all factory then does not make sense.  If it needed termination then why was it not terminated at the factory?  Did we buy it like that?  Did they rip us off?

Getting somewhere.  I was playing around with the ontrack disk I got from ebay.  Custom install.  Installing drivers, etc.  Does not format.

But at least everytime I boot up I get this message.  Does not format if I click initialize.  But recognizes it at least.  

And first aid recognizes it now.  And sc hd setup too.  And norton sees it too, 

But disk first aid says its not HFS so it wont verify or repair.  And sc hd and norton wont format.  Neither when I boot if I click initialize.  Norton fixed a few errors but gave up.  Still not showing on desktop.  But getting somewhere.

1596427137701609-0.png

Does it make any odd noises? "chirping" and "shuffling" is OK, but clunking, scraping, and banging are not.

(Since DM was able to write a scsi driver onto the disk, I think this is not a termination issue, but it is having read/write errors, which either means damaged platter, or sticky actuator.  I think you should try to rule out sticky actuator with some good lube and revisit the "wont initialize" problem.)

Edited by wierd_w

Yes totally worth it.  Post office slightly damaged the box and few pieces were rattling around inside.  I opened it up.  Just few pieces of the side railing.  Still works great.  For about 51 dollars not bad.  Drive works at least.  And he will complain.  But he was nice good communication.  And he mailed the drivers today should be here by Saturday.  But my Ontrack driver worked in the mean time.  Totally worth it.  The only 150mb version on Ebay was 150 dollars so for 50 not bad.  Works awesome.  And 90 is plenty.  And now I try some other format programs on the internal.  I tried drive 7 but it said I don't have the basic script installed.  And System 6.0.5 and Finder 6.1.5 came on the floppy.  I also have 6.1.8 and 6.0.8 form the hard drive before it crashed.  And the 7.5 image from here.  And I have 7.1 from a floppy I got off Ebay for 6 bucks labled disk tools for powerbook 145b.  The restore program only works on powerbook 145b.  But the 7.1 floppy boots at least.  I got the macally batwing drivers from macintosh garden and works on system 6 or 7.  All my systems work great.  Once you install it you just double click on the batwing configuration program what ever its called and it activates the batwing.  And then you quit the program and run arkanoid.  Arkanoid works great.  And even with out arkanoid the controller works as a mouse to move the cursor on the screen.  And the buttons opens the folders and hard drives.