IGNORED

old mac games

I found these on my drives. Both run under Classic 9.2.2 on my G4 mirror door. Deluxe 1.0 is playable on slow, Plus v2.0 is so fast on any speed setting the ball is invisible till it stops when I miss. Both are color but there's settings for that too.

Edit: Had to delete the first try, this one is a self-extracting archive.

brickles.sea

Edited by Ed in SoDak

Or if you cant find one, get a localtalk to ethernet bridge. (They made them for stylewriters and pals)

Pricey, but probably cheaper than an SE ethernet board.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asante-AsanteTalk-ethernet-serial-LocalTalk-bridge-for-Apple-Macintosh-WORKING/283967114923?hash=item421dc24eab:g:-2oAAOSwF~9fI2dR

Edit

NOPE! Wow! About the same!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Apple-Macintosh-SE-Ethernet-Adapter-NIC-Card-Cabletron-90000204/193176077190?hash=item2cfa310386:g:XSAAAOSwGbhdsxr0

Edited by wierd_w

That card is for the LC, the SE has it's own version of the PDS port. If you had such a card for the SE, you could link it to another Mac or PC and trade files over your own ethernet network. I just tossed ethernet at you as a laugh since you had just said you didn't want to put more money into it. I had no idea they were that high. But sky's the limit, right? ;)  Makes me wonder now what that card is I pulled from one of my SEs that I always guessed was ethernet but apparently is not...:?

Appletalk/Localtalk would also work, but it's really slow using the serial port on the rear. It would need only the cable and Appleshare which you select using the Chooser. Best for single files or sharing a printer among a few connected computers. Copying a disk over it would seem like back in dial-up days.

Making the contents bootable (since it does not want to boot my emulator) is an exercise for the recipient-- But here is a raw 1.44mb hfv image containing the data from the .sit on macintosh garden.

The game asserts that it needs to be booted to run.

msflightsim.dsk

The caveats on the download page says it only works with old mac classic hardware. (512k monochrome mac)

They have flightsim 4, and it DOES work inside my emulator-- but the data is 4mb in size. I will see if I can coax it into becoming a compressed self mounting image file, that can then fit inside a floppy image.

Nope. Will only pack down to 1.9mb that way. Too big.

Here's a raw 5mb hfv volume file (that should be mountable using a more modern mac) that you can use to piecemeal move files into a floppy, and then onto your scsi disk with.

flightsim4.hfv

Edited by wierd_w

As promised-- Here is a raw HFV diskette image, containing a diskcopy compressed 1.44mb image (and a suitable copy of diskcopy, just in case).

Copy them to the external scsi disk, then use diskcopy to regenerate the image onto a real diskette.  Hopefully it will be bootable. (The original was a 400k diskette image, and I converted it. If you need the 400k diskette image version, let me know.)

msflightsim.dsk

14 hours ago, wierd_w said:

As promised-- Here is a raw HFV diskette image, containing a diskcopy compressed 1.44mb image (and a suitable copy of diskcopy, just in case).

Copy them to the external scsi disk, then use diskcopy to regenerate the image onto a real diskette.  Hopefully it will be bootable. (The original was a 400k diskette image, and I converted it. If you need the 400k diskette image version, let me know.)

msflightsim.dsk 1.41 MB · 3 downloads

This image worked.  The other did not.  I opened it up on my pc with hfv explorer.  Then I coppied it to a flash on my mac mini.  Then I opened it on my old ibook g3 900 and it worked.   But it gave error message as you said it needs to be the boot volume.  But those old systems dont run on SE only 128k.  So I copied it to a 1.44 floppy with the system from my ontrack disk.  Booted up and showed the old flight sim icon.  But when I started the app it said please insert the master disk.  I dont have a master disk.

As far as I can tell, there is a somewhat unusual filesystem on the diskette.

I spent hours trying to find a way to get that thing to properly duplicate.  I suspect it was created using a kryoflux or something.

You might need to get one of those yourself to reproduce the "master" diskette. (the second disk is a raw data image. If mangled with something like HxC into the appropriate datastream format for a kryoflux, then written back on a real diskette, it would probably work.)

On 8/6/2020 at 9:35 PM, 0078265317 said:

No I need 1.0 or 1.02.  4.0 is available everywhere.

You sure about that? What I read says v1 is for system 1-5 on a Mac Plus or earlier. Though it might work on an SE with system 4 or 5 installed? V1 came out in '86, a year before the SE launched, system 4 was current then.

Myself, I used FS v4.0 that I purchased new bitd (shared a few posts above) on my own SE, probably system 6 or 7x more likely.

Read the fine print in this image from v1 on Macintosh Garden. Says it must run from the Master Disk, can't copy it to a hard drive. Also the catalog cover image showing the latest/greatest from MS, features a pic of a Mac Plus. And the most recent comment on MG: "I wish there was a way to extract from the emulator or mount a usb floppy to transfer to. This works great for mini vmac but I just wish it worked on a real mac like my SE or ibook."

But if v1 is what you think you need, you must know something I don't! <egads!> Anyway, I wish you success in your quest.

MSflight1.jpg

Edited by Ed in SoDak
  • Like 1