IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 12 ~ Bronze Medal Pick!

Vocelli

12 hours ago, keilbaca said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/698788530

Unfortunately, I didn't realize until after the run, that I had the game capture set to monitor, mute output. So... there's no game sound. Just me talking. The video proof is there.

Enduro 4387.6.PNG

YES!!! YEEEESSSS!!! I cannot possibly understate how thrilled I was to see this. Congratz on a new PB *and* a new world record!

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ZilchSr said:

YES!!! YEEEESSSS!!! I cannot possibly understate how thrilled I was to see this. Congratz on a new PB *and* a new world record!

I have to chime in, I was startled to see the miles of 4387.6 and day 22!  And it was recorded, so I watched sections of that. Great job, keilbaca!  You make it look so easy. I've got to day 13 or so in the past, but I'm thinking my reflexes need some tuning up before I'll ever get there again.  What was the world record?  Is it via Twin Galaxies ?   

It was interesting to hear you label those unpassable formations ... what did you call them, triple formations?   Those things really slow me down. I used to brake until they disappeared in the horizon, but your method is quicker.

Enduro is one of my top 3 Atari 2600 games and I had a blast playing it again.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Cafeman said:

What was the world record?  Is it via Twin Galaxies ?  .

There are about a dozen sites that track WRs for this game. This score takes the top spot on all of them, other than perhaps Guinness, whose standards for entry are, to be polite, questionable. There is a claim of someone getting over 100,000km, but no proof of that score (which would take more than 24 hours of straight play with no breaks of more than 1 or 2 seconds), or any other score (distance) above this one exists anywhere ... only a bunch of talk, and maybe a photo, which could be a photo of anything, tbh.

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 4

On 8/3/2020 at 10:51 AM, ZilchSr said:

Thank you! I just wish the game sound would have captured. I think it's still good for TG though.

23 hours ago, Cafeman said:

I have to chime in, I was startled to see the miles of 4387.6 and day 22!  And it was recorded, so I watched sections of that. Great job, keilbaca!  You make it look so easy. I've got to day 13 or so in the past, but I'm thinking my reflexes need some tuning up before I'll ever get there again.  What was the world record?  Is it via Twin Galaxies ?   

It was interesting to hear you label those unpassable formations ... what did you call them, triple formations?   Those things really slow me down. I used to brake until they disappeared in the horizon, but your method is quicker.

Enduro is one of my top 3 Atari 2600 games and I had a blast playing it again.

Yes, I call them the triplet formations. That's just the term I used, because it's the same as the triplets on Guitar Hero. I hold the previous record, it is 3,617.9. This is one of the many records that I have, that was put in by Todd Rogers, so being it's the old TG format... I eventually plan on redoing all of those scores, so video proof is attached.

I had planned on streaming on Wednesday, so I can share some of the strats. Unfortunately, my Windows 10 latest Preview operating system that I had installed, was causing issues with anything USB being streamed. If I go into any settings, or if I used two USB devices, they would lock up. I have three internal HDMI capture cards, and six USB 2.0/3.0 HDMI capture cards, that I tried with every combination possible. So, I had to do a complete backup, wipe, and reload back to a retail version of Windows 10, so the errors would go away. I finished it all up on Sunday, right before my Neo Turf Masters tournament. 

23 hours ago, ZilchSr said:

There are about a dozen sites that track WRs for this game. This score takes the top spot on all of them, other than perhaps Guinness, whose standards for entry are, to be polite, questionable. There is a claim of someone getting over 100,000km, but no proof of that score (which would take more than 24 hours of straight play with no breaks of more than 1 or 2 seconds), or any other score (distance) above this one exists anywhere ... only a bunch of talk, and maybe a photo, which could be a photo of anything, tbh.

I would like to know the other sites. I just know of High Score and TG. My personal opinion, especially based on recent events, Guinness isn't creditable. All they care about is selling books. 

• Like 4