IGNORED

2 New games for your colecovision - We need your opinion

tanuki

Hello Everybody.

We are going to propose 2 new games very soon, but we would like to have your opinion on the editions to propose.

These games are Uwol and Sir Abadol, adaptations of the games created by Mojon Twin.

We can offer you 2 editions:
-The first one is simple and corresponds to what you already had with Knight'n More or Muncher Mouse: A big full color drawer box with the cartridge, a postcard and a booklet the same size as the postcard, all in color, for about $52.

-the second one is the DELUXE edition of Bomb'n Blast 2: you get everything in the normal version + various bonuses, for example a poster, badge, cards etc. This edition would be sold for about $69.

Big question: what kind of version do you want?

I love the work that the Mojon Twins do so I'm particularly excited to hear that you plan on doing adaptions of Uwol and Sir Abadol.  I was recently watching someone playthrough Sir Abadol on the Amstrad CPC and was quite taken with the game.

As for box choice, I quite like the deluxe editions, but am not normally a fan of buying a load of extras that generally, in my case, just stay in the box.  If a deluxe edition wasn't offered I'd still be quite happy with the standard one.  So I guess I'm on the fence.

2 hours ago, tanuki said:

-the second one is the DELUXE edition of Bomb'n Blast 2: you get everything in the normal version + various bonuses, for example a poster, badge, cards etc. This edition would be sold for about $69.

I think you meant "like the DELUXE edition of Bomb'n Blast", don't you ?

It all comes down to wallet damage, I'd say. If you reduce the "bonus memorabilia" to a minimum, how will that affect the price of the games? If the bonus stuff adds a lot to the price, I would expect people will want to pay less. If the price is the same (which means you're paying for the bonus stuff out of your own pocket) then I think people will appreciate the extras, but in the end, it's all about the game itself.

Just my opinion.  :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

It all comes down to wallet damage, I'd say. If you reduce the "bonus memorabilia" to a minimum, how will that affect the price of the games? If the bonus stuff adds a lot to the price, I would expect people will want to pay less. If the price is the same (which means you're paying for the bonus stuff out of your own pocket) then I think people will appreciate the extras, but in the end, it's all about the game itself.

Just my opinion.  :)

I have the feeling that a big part (not all of course:)) of potential buyers  are more interested by the box than the game itself.   Otherwise they would never buy my games.... :D

1 hour ago, alekmaul said:

I think you meant "like the DELUXE edition of Bomb'n Blast", don't you ?

In fact :"like the DELUXE edition of Bomb'n Blast 2" to be accurate.

Regarding the box : we'll offer the same version as Knight'n More, Muncher Mouse and Bomb'n Blast 2 to follow the general aesthetics of our collections.

We will also provide a bilingual notice with specific content in addition to the notice. This time it will not be a making-of but something thematic about ColecoVision. This element will never be removed from our base editions, since it is something we value. It gives a certain added value to the whole and we want to offer quality games in quality packaging.

The rest is "negotiable". If people particularly like our bonuses, we will provide them, that's why we ask the question ^^.

If a majority thinks it makes the game too expensive we won't do it or we'll edit both versions. We're really open to anything ;)

• Like 1

I'm still waiting on my Bomb and Blast 2 to arrive, but I bought the deluxe edition.  I'd probably do the same with these new games as well.  The only issues I run into are things like fitting into a plastic box protector once i'm done oogling over the contents.  But I have the same issue with Knight'n'More.  I'm impressed all over again, though, when I read the manual for that game.  Just a fantastic release all around!

21 hours ago, mingus said:

I'm still waiting on my Bomb and Blast 2 to arrive, but I bought the deluxe edition.  I'd probably do the same with these new games as well.  The only issues I run into are things like fitting into a plastic box protector once i'm done oogling over the contents.  But I have the same issue with Knight'n'More.  I'm impressed all over again, though, when I read the manual for that game.  Just a fantastic release all around!

Same here. I ordered the regular version and waiting for it.

Edited by MMarcoux66