IGNORED

Mobius Strip Tech will carry the TMS-RGB boards by Nicholas Piegdon

Hello all!

Mobius Strip Tech will be selling the Colecovision TMS-RGB boards designed by Nicholas Piegdon (Falonn) for self installs here soon.  Price will be $30.00 usd and will be shipped world wide.

You can go to Mobius Strip Techs website for more details and updates.  :)

https://mobiusstriptechnologies.com/product/colecovision-rgb-board/?fbclid=IwAR1tCRes-7QIZ5LBO_2WRUb6n9tqBPh9iDn_CGOxcsAacolinB8wbK0chuY

A write up on Retro RGBs website can be found here.

https://www.retrorgb.com/new-colecovision-rgb-mod-available-tms-rgb.html

Edited by Ruggers Customs
added a link
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, opcode said:

Now that is very good news. RGB on analog CRTs looks out of this world. :D  Can't wait! 

Agreed...too bad most will probably convert the RGB to HDMI (or similar) and display it on a modern LCD/LED screen...which while "fine"...doesn't look anywhere near as good or authentic as a CRT does, especially with vintage pixel based games.  Watch the price of RGB broadcast monitors skyrocket now too...even more than they already have in recent years.  

45 minutes ago, Ruggers Customs said:

A write up on Retro RGBs website can be found here.

https://www.retrorgb.com/new-colecovision-rgb-mod-available-tms-rgb.html

It would be cool to see RetroRGB's own Colecovision page updated, too.  They still recommend ColecoRGB there.  I'm still new in the community and don't really know how to reach Bob directly.

It wouldn't hurt to show samson7point1 your photos from the HDRetrovision cable to dispel his questions, Jimmy.  (Search "This doesn't really make sense" on that page). ;)  If there isn't digital quantization going on inside that thing, I'll eat my hat... or whichever colloquialism you prefer. :P

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Falonn said:

It would be cool to see RetroRGB's own Colecovision page updated, too.  They still recommend ColecoRGB there.  I'm still new in the community and don't really know how to reach Bob directly.

It wouldn't hurt to show samson7point1 your photos from the HDRetrovision cable to dispel his questions, Jimmy.  (Search "This doesn't really make sense" on that page). ;)  If there isn't digital quantization going on inside that thing, I'll eat my hat... or whichever colloquialism you prefer. :P

Well remember, I needed to do more testing.  It's quite possible that he tested it on a CRT or Flatscreen with component outputs.  If you remember, all I had was the ossc for that.  I'm working to try and get more testing on that but I figured with the bulk of the cables I had already tested and less and less popularity of component, it just didn't demand my attention with my workload.

I just ordered one, like three minutes ago. ?

It's a matter of curiosity now.  I'm going to cut it open to confirm there is an ADC somewhere in there.  If I'm willing to make a statement as strong as "you should avoid this cable" on the website, it's only fair that I collect enough evidence to back up the assertion. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falonn said:

Done :)

You can thank Mobius and Bob at RetroRGB.

https://www.retrorgb.com/colecovision.html

Credit
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Bmack36 said:

No love for the Phoenix??

Just updated that too.  It was never intentionally omitted...I remember writing the posts promoting your kickstarter and thinking I'd add it after it went on sale to the public, but then every time I went to the site, it was out of stock.  LOL, it still shows out of stock though...

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, retrorgb said:

Just updated that too.  It was never intentionally omitted...I remember writing the posts promoting your kickstarter and thinking I'd add it after it went on sale to the public, but then every time I went to the site, it was out of stock.  LOL, it still shows out of stock though...

No worries, I was just messing around. Thanks for the update.

Yeah we closed the last batch of pre-orders earlier this month for the next production run.

Edited by Bmack36

4 minutes ago, retrorgb said:

Thank you Bob. :)