IGNORED

can someone please make this on a rom for me and everyone [demo related]

chewy

5 hours ago, chewy said:

WHOAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!  no no no I love it!!!!!!!!!  Can you please walk me through how you got it and got it so speedy?  you converted to file to something btari could read and wham-o?   Thanks a ton, made my night.  

I used the "BYO" greeting cart autobuild to make it.

Just follow the instructions...

8 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

You should be looking at the latest instructions about third-last post, not the post at the top. Right?

thank you for your assistence- im almost there- so you put your png file into the directory (as seen in yr video), but how to get to the correct prompt? once i get this im gonna love it....

Edited by chewy

Just now, chewy said:

thank you for your assistence- im almost there- so you put your png file into the directory, but how to get to the correct prompt? once i get this im gonna love it....

If you're on windows, you want to get to the "command prompt".  The terminal in other operating systems.

Search and read online if you don't know what that is.

Then you navigate to the directory where you put the BYO code.

Your file to convert should also be placed in that directory, saved as 'image.png' -- so you need to have the right format.

Technically, the system can handle any file format but for ease-of-use I hardwired it to 'image.png'

If you want to change that, look at the contents of the makefile to see how it works.

To do a build of the system type 'make' without the quotes, from the command prompt.

If it can't find 'make' then you will need to install that on your system.  Again, search.

The system is automatic, but you do need to have your system with 'make' available.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chewy said:

Well i got the C:\  prompt open but i am having trouble typing in the right thing to get to BYO, i am using windows ten

Probably as good a time as any to learn a bit about the command line and how to use it.

It's the first step to understanding how your computer works under the hood.

I'd suggest at this point finding some tutorials on that (using a command line). It will be useful to you at some point.

• Thanks 1

If you send a screenshot of your command prompt where you are stuck, then maybe one of us could walk you through where you are having issues.

If you downloaded the byo.zip and extracted it from the default Downloads directory, you would probably type:

cd downloads\byo

...from the command prompt, and hit enter.

• Thanks 1