IGNORED

French graphics program SCR0

blackbox

Continuing my quest to document programs with no or poor documentation, request for HELP please.

Way back when I received a disk containing a graphics program with file names and text content in French.

The disk was labelled just jbm103, and contained a load program, an assembly program called SCR0 and several XB demo programs.

Example:

5 CALL LOAD(-31890,56,0) :: CALL LOAD(-31964,56,0)
10 NO=4 :: RAYON=80 :: INCL=45 :: SI=SIN(INCL/360*6.2832) :: CI=COS(INCL/360*6.2832) :: HAUTEUR=25 :: CALL LINK("CLEAR")
15 CALL LINK("SCR2")
18 XX=128+RAYON :: YY=96+RAYON*SI
20 FOR T=0 TO 6.3 STEP 6/RAYON :: X=128+RAYON*(COS(T)-CI*SIN(T)) :: Y=96-HAUTEUR*SIN(NO*T)+RAYON*SI*COS(T)
25 CALL LINK("LIGNE",16,YY,XX,Y,X) :: YY=Y :: XX=X :: NEXT T
30 CALL KEY(0,K,S) :: IF S=0 THEN 30 ELSE CALL LINK("SCR1") 

If anyone recognises this form of code, the disk name, the code usage- probably from France! Please tell me!

Who wrote this?

Is there any documentation in any language available?  I have the disk and can distribute it but it would be nice to have some authoritative instructions in addition to the sample programs.  

Thanks s

jbm103.dsk

• Like 1

Thanks - that is MY disk listed there!!!  Back in the year (ahem) I sent some boxes of disks off to Jim P.  The -READTHIS file is by me!    Still have no idea who wrote the program and no proper documentation. My curiousity needs satisfaction - somebody must know something?     Still waiting....    s

Edited by blackbox

4 hours ago, blackbox said:

Continuing my quest to document programs with no or poor documentation, request for HELP please.

Way back when I received a disk containing a graphics program with file names and text content in French.

The disk was labelled just jbm103, and contained a load program, an assembly program called SCR0 and several XB demo programs.

Example:

5 CALL LOAD(-31890,56,0) :: CALL LOAD(-31964,56,0)
10 NO=4 :: RAYON=80 :: INCL=45 :: SI=SIN(INCL/360*6.2832) :: CI=COS(INCL/360*6.2832) :: HAUTEUR=25 :: CALL LINK("CLEAR")
15 CALL LINK("SCR2")
18 XX=128+RAYON :: YY=96+RAYON*SI
20 FOR T=0 TO 6.3 STEP 6/RAYON :: X=128+RAYON*(COS(T)-CI*SIN(T)) :: Y=96-HAUTEUR*SIN(NO*T)+RAYON*SI*COS(T)
25 CALL LINK("LIGNE",16,YY,XX,Y,X) :: YY=Y :: XX=X :: NEXT T
30 CALL KEY(0,K,S) :: IF S=0 THEN 30 ELSE CALL LINK("SCR1") 

If anyone recognises this form of code, the disk name, the code usage- probably from France! Please tell me!

Who wrote this?

Is there any documentation in any language available?  I have the disk and can distribute it but it would be nice to have some authoritative instructions in addition to the sample programs.  

Thanks s

jbm103.dsk 254.14 kB · 5 downloads

Some of these programs come from a French 99 Magazine n8 n 10

• Like 3

Many thanks.

Issue 8 is especially interesting- it has the source code for a bit map graphics program for Mini Memory, very similar to JBM103, which was for Extended Basic. Issue 8 was dated March 1985 and cost 40 Francs.

Both the magazine and JBM103 require the Basic program to commence CALL LOAD(-31890,56,0) which seems to reloacte the GPL stack; JBM103 adds CALL LOAD(-31964,56,0) which appears to relocate the value stack.

Changes in use:
TI99 NO8 JBM103:
CALL LINK("BITMAP") -> CALL LINK("CLEAR")::(CALL LINK("SCR2")
CALL LINK("POINT",Y,X) -> CALL LINK("POINT",COL,Y,X)
CALL LINK("DROITE",X1,Y1,X2,Y2) -> CALL LINK("LIGNE",COL,X1,Y2,X2,Y2)

The bit map graphics routines are by JEAN MARIN of CLUB TICAZUR.

There are other articles in the magazine by Jean-Bernard MORELLE who may be the JBM who sent me a copy of his disk 103????

So- anyone recall these gentlemen or the club or the progra?? We have a few answers but still not a real history.... many thanks s

• Like 1

Moving on to issue 11 of the magazine, undated, I found the SOURCE CODE for jbm103, and some details of the CALL LINKs.   This article is by Alexandre Mortilla, who I will now consider to be the author of JBM103.

I could not see an explanation of the essential CALL LOADS that the XB program needs to start with, and which sometimes have different second values passed (I have seen 0, 2, and 24).
"Tout programe graphique doit demarrer par la ligne suivante:
10 CALL LOAD(-31890,56,24) :: CALL LOAD(-31964,56,24)"
[BUT the demo program included instead uses (-31890,56,2)  !]
"On est en CALL FILES(1), soit  un seul fichier ouvert a la foir."
"Interdiction d'utiliser la directive d'asseblage DEF "
BREAK a running program press "simultanement  sur FCTN puis 5 puis 4" (FCTN 5 switches to 24x32 then FCTN 4 will break. 

Once the SCRO is loaded you can switch between modes with FCTN 5 (SCR1)   and FCTN 6 (SCR2).The article suggests using CALL FILES(1).

The LINKS available:
 SCR2 switches to bit map mode
 SCR1 switches to 24x32 mode
 CLEAR clears screen
 SAUVE saves image ("SAUVE","DSK1.PIC_P")
 CHARGE loads old image ("CHARGE","DSK1.PIC_P)
    -the underline P provides compatability with TI Artist pictures and is
      otherwise not required.
 ("POINT", color, y,x)
 ("CERCLE", color, y centre, x centre, radius) - the French word "rayon" is used for radius.
 ("LIGNE", COLOR, Y, X [,Y2,X2] )
  "SI Y2 et X2 ne sont pas fournis, la ligne tracee demarre de la fin de la ligne precedente jusqu'a Y,Y, ou bien de l'origine fixeee par "ORIGIN" jusqu'a Y,X
 ("ORIGIN",Y,X) sets first point (see LIGNE)

have fun

s

Thanks!  WE now have some more info.  Thanks to Alexandre Mortilla wherever he may be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1