IGNORED

Good AV mod with clear instructions?

Charlie_

My 7800 seems to have a broken solder joint at the RCA jack for the RF. When I move it gently the signal comes and goes or gets fuzzy. I opened it see if I could flow some solder to fix it but the RF box doesn't look like it can be opened.

I'd like to get an AV mod for it. I see some that claim to be for the Jr or 7800. I did one on my Jr and saw no instructions for the 7800 even though it was for either.

So what's a good, relatively easy to install AV mod for the 7800 that has very clear instructions?

Well, there's "good" and there's "easy to install." ;)  The best mod (the UAV board) has the most individual wires to solder but the quality is superb. A dead-simple transistor/resistor composite mod like the ones sold super-cheap all over eBay will work too but the quality won't even approach the quality of the UAV.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2020 at 9:50 PM, DrVenkman said:

Well, there's "good" and there's "easy to install." ;)  The best mod (the UAV board) has the most individual wires to solder but the quality is superb. A dead-simple transistor/resistor composite mod like the ones sold super-cheap all over eBay will work too but the quality won't even approach the quality of the UAV.

Would you say the UAV is better than the "Longhorn" S-Video mod?  Thanks

On 7/25/2020 at 9:50 PM, DrVenkman said:

12 hours ago, SoundGammon said:

The best game to test a video mod with is Ms Pac-Man! If the dots don't have a blue ghost, no pun intended, next to them then it's good!

The UAV is the only one that gets it right! Solid white dots! 

The whites dots are on the pacman collection version, correct?

I have the original version too and the dots are blue on my AV modded 7800.

Edited by Oldschool80skid

1 hour ago, Oldschool80skid said:

The whites dots are on the pacman collection version, correct?

I have the original version too and the dots are blue on my AV modded 7800.

What I meant was that you could see TWO dots instead of just the one, a blue dot to the right due to the way some av mods did the color signal. Like it was delayed or something. In black & white, the dots are white of course, but blueish in color! Should look like ONE dot not 2.

• 1 month later...