IGNORED

Season 17 Round 13 - Donkey Kong 3

asponge

@bubufubu How do you handle those big bugs that explode when you kill them? They get me A LOT ? Do you try to avoid them or are you really good at dodging their stingers? I'd imagine you have to have a pretty tight pattern down to roll the score.

PS I don't know how I scored so well yesterday. Today's session was a frustrating mess. I guess I should be happy with my pb...

8 hours ago, fakecortex said:

BUT HOW?!

nice job dude

27 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

@bubufubu How do you handle those big bugs that explode when you kill them? They get me A LOT ? Do you try to avoid them or are you really good at dodging their stingers? I'd imagine you have to have a pretty tight pattern down to roll the score.

PS I don't know how I scored so well yesterday. Today's session was a frustrating mess. I guess I should be happy with my pb...

Thanks.  I got into a real groove on my last life.  I wasn't very happy with my first score, but I hadn't played the game in years so I was rusty.

I'm just about to broadcast some more score attempts.  You're more than welcome to come watch.  Maybe you can pick up a few tips.  Cheers.

https://www.twitch.tv/bubufubu

Edited by bubufubu

2 hours ago, bubufubu said:

I'm just about to broadcast some more score attempts.  You're more than welcome to come watch.  Maybe you can pick up a few tips.  Cheers.

https://www.twitch.tv/bubufubu

I just learned something watching a clip of your gameplay... I had no idea that the levels had a set number of bugs. I thought you had to spray DK all the way to the top in order to complete the level. This changes everything. I die so often jumping and shooting at him because I want to finish the level, but now I can try focusing on all the bugs instead and just keeping him at bay. This is insane. Thanks!

28 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I just learned something watching a clip of your gameplay... I had no idea that the levels had a set number of bugs. I thought you had to spray DK all the way to the top in order to complete the level. This changes everything. I die so often jumping and shooting at him because I want to finish the level, but now I can try focusing on all the bugs instead and just keeping him at bay. This is insane. Thanks!

Unfortunately, my ISP or modem/router is giving me garbage upload speeds so the casts were rife with frame loss.  I tried to tough it out but it continued to get worse and worse.  This put the kibosh on casting for now.  Sorry for those who tuned in.  Just bad luck, I suppose.

@fakecortex  Glad you were able to learn something.  I wasn't sure anyone would be able to get steady enough video to pick up on my strategies.  I was expecting to have much better attempts but the upload speed and being on hold for my ISP kept taking away my focus.  Might try again later tonight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Haven't been able to break 200k since, but I am getting better at dodging the exploding bees and not rushing higher stages. Gotta take a break when it gets frustrating. Nice increase @bubufubu!

@fakecortex   Thanks!  It's a personal best for me.  A couple of my deaths were silly mistakes.  I'll probably give it another go or two later today.

• Like 1

I put together a youtube playlist of selected tracks from this season! Some music was either too repetitive or long to include, but what's there should make for a nice mix to have on in the background during work or when playing a game without music (Golf?!). Hope ya enjoy! Great season everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLg7Ta2Ep96Pipd5skLzcXnp-kM_LcZ4a

That concludes our season of black box titles.  Congratulations to Tempest for taking first place!

Points Awarded:

bubufubu          1,479,300   +25
mbd30               233,900   +20
fakecortex          230,700   +17
Tempest             178,500   +14
Magmavision2000     136,500   +12
roadrunner           43,100   +10
jblenkle             26,800    +8

Final Standings:

Scoreboard.thumb.png.df073444875b41022a2a8a3c9d336c7f.png

• Like 1