IGNORED

SIDE 3 preorder

lotharek

Just now, lotharek said:

extrenal dimensions - as side 2

So the lid won't close on an 800, but it will fit (barely!) into a 1200XL. I've actually filed down the cart tunnel a bit on my U1MB-equipped 1200XL so it shouldn't be an issue for me but might be something for others to consider. 

• Thanks 1

Was going to preorder this.... but I'm having to reconsider for the time being, as even $41.10 USD for shipping is too much IMNSHO.

Might wait, maybe once it is shipping we can get a group by to the USA to bring that shipping cost down to something more 'real' ?

If nobody has already considered this, I would be willing to volunteer, though I'd have to figure out how we would go about it, as I couldn't up front all the $$$.

-- Curt

On 7/27/2020 at 2:59 PM, cwilbar said:

Was going to preorder this.... but I'm having to reconsider for the time being, as even $41.10 USD for shipping is too much IMNSHO.

Might wait, maybe once it is shipping we can get a group by to the USA to bring that shipping cost down to something more 'real' ?

If nobody has already considered this, I would be willing to volunteer, though I'd have to figure out how we would go about it, as I couldn't up front all the $$$.

-- Curt

Shipping is just crazy all over right now. I too will either have to wait for cheaper shipping or if someone bulk orders. Just hope these will be available indefinitely (I assume they will as the SIDE 2 has been up on the Lotharek website for awhile) 

Yeah, shipping is a mess, but I've not seen a required shift to the more expensive carriers from international locations in a few other things our family has received from international shipping.

I'm sure it varies from location to location. 

Regardless, it might still be worthwhile to figure out some sort of group buy for USA recipients.

Edited by cwilbar

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

Maybe @MacRorie would be interested in being the USA distributor for Lotharek's stuff. He already stocks most of it!

For sure, I mean I need to put in an order for a SIDE3, U1MB, VBXL, and Rapidus (probably a Stereo Pokey too) for the 1200xl project... but have been waiting as I have just dropped a chunk of change on some other things...

I'm not sure how much money could be saved doing something like that, @MacRorie is a business so he quite rightly has a markup and he charges postage as well and his stuff is always well packaged, he doesn't mess around with budget packaging. It wouldnt surprse me if the cost wasn't much less.

1 hour ago, Mr Robot said:

I'm not sure how much money could be saved doing something like that, @MacRorie is a business so he quite rightly has a markup and he charges postage as well and his stuff is always well packaged, he doesn't mess around with budget packaging. It wouldnt surprse me if the cost wasn't much less.

Ha, yeah but then the charges are hidden within the actual product vs looking like we're charged outrageous prices for what is in essence someone picking it up for us and dropping it off at our house....

When you start WFH and order through the various services that deliver food to your house instead of getting  off your fat butt and getting the food yourself, you kind of start to realize just how expensive that can get...

Anyhow, the idea that it would be roughly the same price usually stems from bulk purchases being a tad cheaper,  and it's bundled so savings on shipping is better, but it may be a direct bit of mark up, and the shipping within US would be less... BUT then you don't have to worry about customs either!

5 hours ago, Crc_Error said:

Absolutely beautiful product but will cost me around $285 Canadian with postage.  Unfortunately I cannot justify the cost.  Even the U1MB will be close to $300 Canadian to purchase.  Quite upset about it actually....

When I estimate shipping (to Ontario) I'm getting $30.78 USD (Polish Post Parcel - service to Canada is available, per the link on his page) for a 350g package - which would cover a SIDE 3 plus U1Mb.  That would be $98.76 USD (SIDE 3), $66.64 USD (U1Mb) and $30.78 USD (shipping) for $196.18 USD or $260.33 CAD for one of each.

3 minutes ago, David_P said:

When I estimate shipping (to Ontario) I'm getting $30.78 USD (Polish Post Parcel - service to Canada is available, per the link on his page) for a 350g package - which would cover a SIDE 3 plus U1Mb.  That would be $98.76 USD (SIDE 3), $66.64 USD (U1Mb) and $30.78 USD (shipping) for $196.18 USD or $260.33 CAD for one of each.

From the very first post in this thread:

You may ask how to preorder ?

just visit my www --> https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=143  and for gosh sake, DO NOT CHOOSE POLISH POST DELIVERIES - ONLY UPS/FEDEX.

US buyers could select Polish Post in the ordering process - it wasn't refused by the store server - but per Lotharek's instructions, most of us chose not to. Not sure if that ever applied to Canada, or if things have changed in the last couple weeks. 

The current warning is not against Polish Post, but against the low-cost Polish Post option.  However, there's a FedEx option to Canada at about $43USD as well; choose that instead and it will add another $20 CAD or so to the bill.  (And choose the FJC version of the UMB and that's another $24 USD or so as well).

I would confirm shipping options before ordering, of course (or probably pay the extra bit for FedEx anyways).

• 1 month later...