IGNORED

SIDE 3 preorder

lotharek

On 9/26/2020 at 8:48 AM, Marius said:

Oh I know exactly what you mean, but then with parcels from Germany. German packages that are shipped with Deutsche Post, are in The Netherlands shipped by DHL. Oh dear... DHL stand (funny joke) in Dutch for "Duurt Heel Lang" (Takes a long time) ... It happened several times here that a package delivered by DHL, originally sent from Germany, took over 4 weeks to arrive (Germany is close to The Netherlands).

We used to refer to DHL as 'Delivery's Hardly Likely' when we lived in Ireland.  We were in their Greater Dublin delivery area, but in a different county than Dublin.  About 80% of the time, they'd send packages back to the sender (who was almost always in another country) stating that the package hadn't been sent at the correct rate because our address wasn't in Co. Dublin.  A simple phone call could have cleared this up, but evidently they felt it was better to go to the expense and inconvenience of sending a package that had cleared customs back to wherever it came from.

This was also the company that would give an estimated delivery date, then hold packages at their facility until that date if they arrived earlier.  You might think that it would have made more sense to get the packages to the recipients as soon as possible in order to keep up with the volume of stuff they had to handle, but, no.  Apparently, because the person at the other end hadn't paid for faster shipping, keeping the package for sometimes a week or more (and risking losing or damaging it) rather than delivering it early was the correct way to handle things.

I can't believe that company is still in business, and I still shudder every time I have no choice but to ship with or receive from them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Firedawg said:

Just a reminder for folks stateside that have not preordered a Side 3 that MacRorie with The Brewing Academy has 10 units on preorder.  I've secured one of them;)

Mike

Nice!  I may order one or two.  I mean for the most part I think to fully take advantage of them, you need a U1MB or Incognito.  Al.ost like there should be a bundle option... ?

On 9/28/2020 at 7:07 PM, Firedawg said:

If interested just PM MacRorie.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, toddtmw said:

I don’t see them on his site

I have received the tracking number for them, but until I have things in hand, I do not like to post them for sale.  Makes people cranky.  As soon as I have them in hand, I will post them on the site for sale.  Check back here or there!

25 minutes ago, fenrock said:

Just arrived! Ordered on 27th Sept, just this second delivered! Well happy.

I suppose I'll have to build the thing now!

image.thumb.png.e2f18de919b02743efe0a743c2900bc5.png

A U1MB and a Side B, your Atari experience is about to get quite an upgrade! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Ultimate 1MB owners, please note:

I'll be publishing the SIDE3 U1MB firmware some time this weekend. You'll need to flash this firmware to your U1MB using the instructions I will provide before you'll be able to mount ATRs with SIDE3 (other than via the soft-loaded OS), and launch the SIDE3 loader from the U1MB setup menu (by pressing 'L' as usual). I'll shortly be updating the documentation as well. :)

No U1MB firmware for SIDE3 has been published yet. All that exists are the pre-release drivers used for testing. I will of course provide Lotharek with finalised U1MB firmware ASAP, for those who prefer to order their U1MB pre-flashed for SIDE3.

Thanks for your patience!

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 6

46 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Ultimate 1MB owners, please note:

Thanks for your patience!

Thankyou for your work on this. The missus has got me doing chores this weekend, and I haven't finished desoldering all the chips from my 800xl, so plenty of time for me yet :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fenrock said:

Just arrived! Ordered on 27th Sept, just this second delivered! Well happy.

I suppose I'll have to build the thing now!

image.thumb.png.e2f18de919b02743efe0a743c2900bc5.png

On a side note, my kids always get excited when a package arrives from Lotharek, and it has nothing to do with computers ;)

• Haha 1

they fight over one candy? buy yourself a can of sweet condensed milk, put it in a pot with water without opening the can, boild for a few hours, wait a day after it was boiled, then open

just mind that it becomes pressurised vessel that shouln't be pressurised, but this is how it's made

ps. i'm not responsible for any misshaps that might happend ;)

• Like 1