IGNORED

SIDE 3 preorder

lotharek

6 hours ago, candle said:

they fight over one candy? buy yourself a can of sweet condensed milk, put it in a pot with water without opening the can, boild for a few hours, wait a day after it was boiled, then open

just mind that it becomes pressurised vessel that shouln't be pressurised, but this is how it's made

ps. i'm not responsible for any misshaps that might happend ;)

Not worth it, it's a lot more fun to watch two 10 year olds trying to divide one krowka in half equally! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Firedawg said:

Just ordered the Side 3 and FujiNet from https://www.thebrewingacademy.com for the shipping cost of $9.50 2-Business day shipping.  That is sweeter than candy;)

WHAT?  Wow, I did not know there were more FujiNet available.  I will wait a bit as I just paid for my Side 3 which is on the way.

16 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

WHAT?  Wow, I did not know there were more FujiNet available.  I will wait a bit as I just paid for my Side 3 which is on the way.

Indeed, here they are! ;-)

https://thebrewingacademy.com/collections/atari-800-xl-xe-xel-xld/products/fujinet-a-swiss-army-knife-for-your-atari

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, tried initially in my 130XE that has U1M installed but it couldn't see the SD Card,

put my SIDE2 back in and it still worked fine.

Tried my unmodified 130XE and it saw the card, I followed the SIDE2 initialization instructions and

created my APT partitions and formatted them, all looked good, remover the SD card, formatted the

remaining space to FAT32 and copied .ATR, .XEX and .ROM files to various folders, then put the card 

back in the SIDE3.

On boot, I could see the files I had copied in the SIDE3 Menu, selected Boot SDX and can still see

the partitions.

Re-boot, select a .ROM game cartridge image and it booted straight into the game :)

Re-booted, selected a .XEX file and again the game I selected booted fine.

You have to select Enable .ATR Support to see .ATR files, selected DOSXL and it booted fine although

there seems to be a limit of .ATR images size of 180K.

Now the bad news, put the now prepared SIDE3 back in my U1M and it's still not detecting the SD card,

if I select Loader from U1M menu it goes the the Loader Menu, but just says "Waiting for Media", nothing

else.

@flashjazzcat am I missing something ?

8 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

@flashjazzcat am I missing something ?

I think you missed Jon’s post from this past Friday a page or two back:

On 10/2/2020 at 12:46 PM, flashjazzcat said:

Ultimate 1MB owners, please note:

I'll be publishing the SIDE3 U1MB firmware some time this weekend. You'll need to flash this firmware to your U1MB using the instructions I will provide before you'll be able to mount ATRs with SIDE3 (other than via the soft-loaded OS), and launch the SIDE3 loader from the U1MB setup menu (by pressing 'L' as usual). I'll shortly be updating the documentation as well. :)

No U1MB firmware for SIDE3 has been published yet. All that exists are the pre-release drivers used for testing. I will of course provide Lotharek with finalised U1MB firmware ASAP, for those who prefer to order their U1MB pre-flashed for SIDE3.

Thanks for your patience!

12 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

Ok, tried initially in my 130XE that has U1M installed but it couldn't see the SD Card,

put my SIDE2 back in and it still worked fine.

let me guess, you press L for loader....

without upgrading U1MB bios, it will start loader for SIDE2, not SIDE3...