IGNORED

The teknogame controllers

Yarzzz

Greetings.

I have recently acquired one of the teknogame Gamecube controllers for a very low  price.  Obviously as with other third party controllers my expectations were low, but luckily this controller has proved to be a quite decent acquisition.

The plastic feels cheaper than the original ,but not that much and the controller is just a bit lighter (about 75%). The buttons and d pad are a little bit stiffer but with a decent feel, specially the analog triggers (yes they are analog and with a nice travel). The joysticks are equally a bit stiffer but overall not that different from the originals. The rubber coatings are thinner but not slippery and have decent grooves. The cord is a little shorter than the original (about 3 inches) and a little thinner but is firmly connected to the controller and the connector.

Im not  a Pro smash player and i am sure that this controller is not suited for competitive smash play, but in my experience the movements are solid and without drifting, the directions and button presses register considerably well and the analog triggers work as intended.

Testing with Mario sunshine i was able to do all the movements and fludd techniques without problem. Also tested with Mario Kart double dash and f-zero gx, the controller works exactly as my og one. In Wii virtual console the dpad feels responsive and comfortable.

In conclusion even though the third party Gamecube controllers have a very bad reputation, i believe that the teknogame ones are of enough quality to enjoy casual game experiences on the Gamecube and Wii or as spare controllers for multiplayer. Seeing the high prices that og and new (wiiu and switch) controllers command, the teknogame ones go for half the price (or less) and come in a variety of funky colors. Overall a good option (specially considering the analog triggers that the new controllers dont have).

Edited by Yarzzz