IGNORED

How rare and expensive are the XEGS gray joysticks?

T.A.P.

4 hours ago, T.A.P. said:

I really like the look of them, and I'd kind of like to pick up a few, but I'm dreading the answer.

An alternative with a similar color scheme is the Wico Boss Joystick, a fair number of which are currently available on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=wico+boss+joystick&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=xegs+joystick

• Like 1

Just now, Nezgar said:

Maybe BEST or B&C might still have stock?

I got one of these 7800 game pads from BEST a while back, somewhat rare in North America since they were for the Euro market:

200px-Atari7800manette.png

I got several of these from Brad at Best 15 or so years ago for $15 a piece.  I think he has raised the prices.  I like them better than Painline controllers, but not as well as an adapted Jag controller.  

It took me ages to sell a XEGS CIB but for the joystick at rather less than I would have expected as I could not get hold of the original joystick, just to stumble over a ridiculously cheap VCS plus XEGS joystick combo a year later. I think they are rather rare and rarely come up alone.

13 hours ago, Voxel said:

Got me mine when I got my XEGS of all things, think I treated it as a novelty, can't remember who I gave it to now.

Currently on ebay UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREY-ATARI-JOYSTICK-XEGS-XE-XL-400-800-ST-STE-STFM-etc-RARE-TESTED-VGC/224075525665?hash=item342bf12e21:g:sPAAAOSwvWVfCPwi

It is nice but too rich for me..Good luck to the seller, selling stuff at the moment is hard...

• Like 1