IGNORED

Game Guru question

Did the Game Guru always come with an outer cardboard box?

I picked one up ages ago that I thought was new, but it doesn't have an outer cardboard box, and now I'm wondering if I need to track one down to make my copy 'complete.'

I know the cardboard doesn't really matter, but it's just one of those little things that will bug me otherwise.

As far as I know, it always came with a box. Perhaps 3DO Direct sold it without a box at one point, but I have never heard of the Game Guru being offered without the outer box/sleeve.

BTW, this only refers to the US version. The EU release may have been released as a standalone double jewel case without a box.

Edited by pce_collector
US/EU Differences

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Game Guru question. Since the disc itself only has a few games programmed onto it with codes, I have found other websites with random Game Guru code listings in there. Is there a better version of the Game Guru with the MOST updated games on it or a way to ad codes in there so they stay permanently on the disc? Otherwise what sites do you guys use for finding the best listings of Game Guru codes that can be used. 

• 11 months later...
On 8/13/2020 at 4:00 PM, UHATEIT said:

I have a Game Guru question. Since the disc itself only has a few games programmed onto it with codes, I have found other websites with random Game Guru code listings in there. Is there a better version of the Game Guru with the MOST updated games on it or a way to ad codes in there so they stay permanently on the disc? Otherwise what sites do you guys use for finding the best listings of Game Guru codes that can be used. 

Not sure, but much of the fun in owning the Guru is the hex editor where you create your own codes / cheats. 

1 hour ago, Wing_Commander said:

Not sure, but much of the fun in owning the Guru is the hex editor where you create your own codes / cheats. 

How do you know of you've successfully hex edited a rom or game. I've done her editing with Sega CD games but with using someone else's hex edits. I'd like to put infinite lives or health into Shockwave or Microcosm. 

34 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

How do you know of you've successfully hex edited a rom or game. I've done her editing with Sega CD games but with using someone else's hex edits. I'd like to put infinite lives or health into Shockwave or Microcosm. 

You hex edit your saved game files.., and you kind of have to play around in there and find out what does what..., just keep track of any changes you make so you can fix anything you break :)  It has been ages since I have played around with it.., but I remember all the fun I had trying to give myself infinite lives to infinate money etc. 

So basically load it up, pick a saved game file, and change something... If you find where you can edit the number of lives or money, you will know when you load your game to see if anything changed in regards to those values... If not,  go back and change your edit back to what it was and move to the next line. :P

Edited by Wing_Commander

There is a guy on here goes by Saturn that has a whole Sega CD page online with awesome hacks that I have hex edited in. I have wondered how the heck people know what to do and where to even go to create them. 

The game Shockwave I really would like to beat but it is ungodly hard once you get to Las Vegas. Even the Sega Saturn version is the same way and nearly impossible for me to beat. Having a way of hacking in codes would be awesome!