IGNORED

#FujiNet Testing and Bug Reporting Thread

On 8/5/2020 at 4:54 PM, Mr Robot said:

First output from my Fujinet P: device. Mind Blown!

Here are 2 pdf's printed using Daisy-Dot II

I'm posting in the bug thread for two things.

1. There is something going on at the top of the pages, it looks like a header/footer isn't being printed on the page correctly, I wonder if the page size is wrong?I don't know how to set it.

539793672_Screenshot2020-08-05at15_54_08.thumb.png.89626a273252d4c4ed52ce69c14ddd45.png

2. The DDIIDOC.1 file should be 11 pages and it's only 6, I'm going to try and print it again when the fujinet finishes plotting an Atariartist picture to svg (What a time to be alive!)

Here are a couple of screenshots to show off the awesomeness

677833755_Screenshot2020-08-05at15_33_11.thumb.png.8392e284ab174817e5fb2156a0cb7f87.png

2057783503_Screenshot2020-08-05at15_34_49.thumb.png.6939015b6e4ddc19632516c0426b14e0.png

DDIIDOC1.pdf 3.78 MB · 4 downloads readme.pdf 432.51 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks for stressing the emulator! The EPSON FX emulator sets the first line to print on the bottom of the previous page. I had to do this to make The Print Shop output OK. A work around is to execute a linefeed right before printing. I could make another instance of the emulator that starts at the top of the page as expected - that might be easiest for everyone.

P.S. I could not open the DDIIDOC1.pdf file.

9 minutes ago, jeffpiep said:

P.S. I could not open the DDIIDOC1.pdf file.

It downloads and opens fine in Firefox and Preview (mac) here

How are you setting the page length? It looks like when it hits a form feed it's not quite hitting the top of the next sheet. This used to happen on real printers when the lines per page wasn't set correctly and you were using fan fold paper

2 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

It downloads and opens fine in Firefox and Preview (mac) here

Chrome on Windows gives an error; Foxit Reader (also Windows) gives an error that indicates the file is incomplete or corrupted, but does open it.

1 minute ago, DrVenkman said:

Chrome on Windows gives an error; Foxit Reader (also Windows) gives an error that indicates the file is incomplete or corrupted, but does open it.

Got it - Firefox opens it. It's curious how all the different readers handle errors. I need to track down what Acrobat doesn't like in that file. Thanks!

Just now, Mr Robot said:

I'm still trying to find a good picture print program, I'm struggling to remember which one I used as a kid but I want to throw a few pics at the epson and okimate emulators.

We also have GRANTIC mode, which can be used with the GRANTIC.ATR posted in the main #FujiNet thread, that can capture screen dumps.

9 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

I'm still trying to find a good picture print program, I'm struggling to remember which one I used as a kid but I want to throw a few pics at the epson and okimate emulators.

This would stress the EPSON FX emulator some more: 

That post prompted me to ask C.B. if we could screen dump the color pixel data instead of ESC/P dot graphics - he wrote the GRANTIC screen dump.

The Okimate is getting there ... i'll have something soon for printing with its COLOR print utility.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

I think RamBrandt had a print module that let you print in b&w or color.

Couple of bugs in the latest firmware/tnfsd

You can select an empty host line, it takes you to a blank screen with this at the bottom

IMG_3741.thumb.jpeg.e4828d30ca8cf7dbf4eb675b2192baf7.jpeg

I don't know what a DIRECTORYter is ;)

TK-II keyboard PG-Up and PG-Down act like arrow Up/Down not < and >

Filter returns the first file in the list

IMG_3746.thumb.jpeg.6a67e34de35e24d3814f694478d498c8.jpeg

Searching for "antic*" returns everything with antic in it somewhere

IMG_3742.thumb.jpeg.76d3b4bd0d15a8ce833248142a89526a.jpeg

But searching for "rob*" does not return all the copies of Mr Robot in the root

IMG_3744.thumb.jpeg.b3a6d2b647e6b0dd866790b7ef787915.jpeg

Searching for "*rob*" works though

I got this error

IMG_3743.thumb.jpeg.460f777fddc238a2a5f8f627cad5ba6c.jpeg

Trying to insert a long filename file inside a long foldername into d1

Pressing OPTION does not boot the Fujinet unless you are back at the host screen which is something you now have to hit esc to get back to because of the staying in the current folder thing (which works great!) that you just implemented.

@DrVenkman That one was weird, but I found it. 

The function to display the long filenames was not being passed the correct variable (in this case, the directory path + the assigned filter), so it was repositioning the directory cursor as if no filter was being specified. This only affected the long filename display. I have fixed it, and the test you did above just worked consistently, for me.

This was not found sooner because of how I habitually use the file selector, my bad. :)

I have asked @mozzwald to crank another build with this fix.

-Thom

WIN_20200824_17_43_28_Pro.jpg

Edited by tschak909
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hello, All.  I have a free weekend and am looking to finally get in to using my Fujinet device.  I wanted to first bring it up to the latest firmware.  I downloaded the Fujinet Flasher and USB to UArt driver, installed both.  When I plug the micro-usb cable in, nothing on the computer side happens, it doesn't recognize anything has been attached. No, de-dunk sound,  Nothing pops up under device manager either.

I installed the driver it said it was successful.

I ran the flasher as Admin.

I tried 3 different usb cables.

I tried 1 windows 10 laptop, tried multiple usb ports

I tried 1 windows 7 laptop, tried multiple usb ports

Both are running 64bit os.

On the Fujinet side the 3 LED light up for a couple of seconds then go off.

Am I  missing a step?

Thank You.

Edited by venom4728a

7 minutes ago, venom4728a said:

Hello, All.  I have a free weekend and am looking to finally get in to using my Fujinet device.  I wanted to first bring it up to the latest firmware.  I downloaded the Fujinet Flasher (as Admin) and USB to UArt driver, installed both.  When I plug the micro-usb cable in, nothing on the computer side happens, it doesn't recognize anything has been attached. No, de-dunk sound,  Nothing pops up under device manager either.

I tried 3 different usb cables.

I tried 1 windows 10 laptop, tried multiple usb ports

I tried 1 windows 7 laptop, tried multiple usb ports

Both are running 64bit os.

On the Fujinet side the 3 LED light up for a couple of seconds then go off.

On Windows I believe it should appear under com ports in device manager if the driver is installed correctly, otherwise as something with an exclamation point. The 3 light flash and then off is normal for the leds. Seems like the FujiNet is booting at least but the USB interface chip is separate.

Hard to say exactly what the problem is. Sounds like you've tried the common stuff. Usually it's cable or driver problem. I flash each one via USB before shipping. That doesn't mean something didn't happen enroute.

5 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

On Windows I believe it should appear under com ports in device manager if the driver is installed correctly, otherwise as something with an exclamation point. The 3 light flash and then off is normal for the leds. Seems like the FujiNet is booting at least but the USB interface chip is separate.

Hard to say exactly what the problem is. Sounds like you've tried the common stuff. Usually it's cable or driver problem. I flash each one via USB before shipping. That doesn't mean something didn't happen enroute.

I just tried a 4th usb cable and it came up worked. Weird the first 3 usb cables did not work.

Thank you for the response.  

it says it flashed to the latest version. I seen a bunch of stuff flying by the screen, so sure something happened, :)

• Like 1