IGNORED

#FujiNet Testing and Bug Reporting Thread

12 minutes ago, NISMOPC said:

Next question: Should my Wi-Fi LED (white) be on when connected to Wi-Fi? Everything is working and I am able to connect to my network as well as connect to several TNFS hosts, but the LED light never comes on at any point.

When I initially boot the computer, the Bluetooth (blue) and SIO (orange) both light up for a few seconds. Nothing with the Wi-Fi light.

While fujinet is booting, all 3 leds should be dimly lit then turn off. When Wifi is connected the white led should be on. Sounds to me like you have a hardware problem with the led :(

Nope, there is newer.

FujiNet Version: 0.5.32f7ef07
Build Time: Sat Oct 17 19:32:05 UTC 2020
md5sums:
139c51b7cbf467e3278133538649864b spiffs.bin
c090570f15e58a3361e97336ba707c76 firmware.bin
24ad324b178eb58eda3a84f2fe914193 partitions.bin
3b5c6333d1f4cef6b8712919ed2a62cd bootloader.bin
e6327541e2dc394ca2c3b3280ac0f39f boot_app0.bin

But what you're seeing is not an error. It's caused by the debug messages in our firmware being sent before the firmware is fully initialized, and is harmless.

-Thoim

50 minutes ago, Mark loves Stella said:

Is the latest firmware build 0.5.32f7ef07 2020-10-07? I noticed the same UART error that NISMOPC posted. I was originally thinking the firmware wasn't loading. 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/298720-fujinet-a-wip-sio-network-adapter-for-the-atari-8-bit/?do=findComment&comment=4656669

2 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Nope, there is newer.

Build Time/Date != Version Time/Date

I need to make some changes to that info to make it more clear

8 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Nope, there is newer.

FujiNet Version: 0.5.32f7ef07
Build Time: Sat Oct 17 19:32:05 UTC 2020
md5sums:
139c51b7cbf467e3278133538649864b spiffs.bin
c090570f15e58a3361e97336ba707c76 firmware.bin
24ad324b178eb58eda3a84f2fe914193 partitions.bin
3b5c6333d1f4cef6b8712919ed2a62cd bootloader.bin
e6327541e2dc394ca2c3b3280ac0f39f boot_app0.bin

But what you're seeing is not an error. It's caused by the debug messages in our firmware being sent before the firmware is fully initialized, and is harmless.

-Thoim

I wasn't sure if I messed something up. I have an Ult1MB installed. Before I did the update, I noticed tools in the D1 volume when booting in to Spartados. After I did the update, now I get a 148 Unknown file system error. Can they be restored?

On 10/19/2020 at 9:17 PM, tschak909 said:

The hybrid filesystem was an experiment. It was a manually crafted disk that was _VERY_ difficult to make (as it had both a legal DOS 2.0 filesystem AND a boot loaded program on the same disk), I need to find a way to automate the process, and I will bring it back.

-Thom

I was actually able to change how the CONFIG disk image is created, so that it was infinitely easier to create the hybrid disk. This is now checked into the repository, and it has been pushed out as a firmware upgrade, so please upgrade.

-Thom

I got my Fujinet Device today.  Very exciting!!! I played around with it a bit, but then I decided to update the firmware and I can't.  I just get "unexpected error: ESP Chip Auto-Detection failed: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Timed out waiting for...."  I suspect the problem is COM port related (after doing a bit of reading) but I've found no resolution.  I'm using Windows 10 Home Edition and I've run the flasher as admin.  

On 10/19/2020 at 4:34 PM, mozzwald said:

While fujinet is booting, all 3 leds should be dimly lit then turn off. When Wifi is connected the white led should be on. Sounds to me like you have a hardware problem with the led :(

On 10/19/2020 at 4:43 PM, tschak909 said:

ok so bad LED :)

-Thom

Shout out to https://thebrewingacademy.com/ They sent me a replacement and all three lights work as expected. Awesome!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

I got my Fujinet Device today.  Very exciting!!! I played around with it a bit, but then I decided to update the firmware and I can't.  I just get "unexpected error: ESP Chip Auto-Detection failed: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Timed out waiting for...."  I suspect the problem is COM port related (after doing a bit of reading) but I've found no resolution.  I'm using Windows 10 Home Edition and I've run the flasher as admin.  

So I took a bunch of stuff off my USB hub and then it recognized it and worked.  (including my SIO2PC).  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DocSavage2001 said:

Mentioned this already on Facebook but reporting here since forums are a little more organized.

With a stock Atari 800 with Atari LOGO plugged in, FujiNet has problems coming up as shown in attached picture. I can boot FujiNet without the cartridge, mount drives and then LOGO boots up ok, so I have a workaround.

Dave

PXL_20201024_152037264.jpg

I have a feeling, this is because LOGO takes over the machine first, and then calls the DOS boot vector. The work-around here for now is to configure first, then insert LOGO cartridge.

-Thom

• Like 1

Hello all,

I just received my and there are a few issues:

1) The flasher program under Windows 10 (20H2) and Mac Catalina will not recognize the FujiNet. I've tried several cables nothing seems to work.

2) When I use the Fujinet on my Atari 130XE with a RAPIDUS and Ultimate 1MB does not work. When I use my Atari 800XL with an Ultimate update the Fujinet comes up. I managed to configure the Fujinet. However, there issues loading images from the Internet. This may be related to not having the latest firmware.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll try proving power to the Fujinet similar to the recommendation for an Atari 800.

Thanks

Hi!

9 hours ago, vazquezrick said:

Hello all,

I just received my and there are a few issues:

1) The flasher program under Windows 10 (20H2) and Mac Catalina will not recognize the FujiNet. I've tried several cables nothing seems to work.

2) When I use the Fujinet on my Atari 130XE with a RAPIDUS and Ultimate 1MB does not work. When I use my Atari 800XL with an Ultimate update the Fujinet comes up. I managed to configure the Fujinet. However, there issues loading images from the Internet. This may be related to not having the latest firmware.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll try proving power to the Fujinet similar to the recommendation for an Atari 800.

Thanks

1. Please verify that the cables you are using are rated for data, and not for charging, and we'll go forward.

2. The start-up time for the computer is important, if it is too fast, then the FujiNet will not be ready by the time the Atari does a STATUS request to find the first disk drive. The easy solution here is to provide external power, so that the FujiNet is online even when the computer is off. Long-term, we are investigating ways to optimize the start-up times of the device, and need to shave at least an additional 100ms off of the start-up time to get it working for systems that have a really fast cold-start time, such as the 400/800 OS. We'll get there. Stay tuned.

-Thom

10 hours ago, vazquezrick said:

I had to unplug almost every other usb device to get it to recognize the fujinet.  I was left with just mouse, keyboard and fujinet.  This leads me to believe fujinet was conflicting with other serial/usb devices I have on my USB chain.  (SIO2PC for example).  But I'm no expert, this is just what worked for me on Windows 10.  

HSIO INDEX and some SDX devices

Doing some testing with SDX on IDE+ v2 and a maxflash1 image and i will probably have a couple bugs to report.

To begin though I will say the default pokey divisor of 6 needed to be reduced to 7 in order for the Fujinet to work with certain configurations on the these devices. While I believe this bug might actually be with the SDX devices - you might want to consider recommending the raising of the HSIO index as part of initial troubleshooting or testing.

The method I determined this is to boot into SDX on a 800XL and then attempt a drive listing of drive 1 (DIR D1:) with a non-patched default Atari ROM. This gets worse when the IDE+ has highspeed IO enabled. (For which I have started a different thread here.)

This seems specific to these SDX devices. When testing my Fujinet with a HIAS HIOS patched ROM loading ATR images on the Fujinet, pokey divisors of 0 seem to work fine. When testing my Fujinet with a HIAS HIOS patched ROM with maxflash SDX does not help.

--- So yeah, if the Fujinet is acting wonky with SDX devices, change the HSIO index.

Edited by MrFSL

FNET.COM not working in SDX

Using SDX on 800XL both IDE+ v2 and Maxflash1 rom cartridge image the FNET command fails to connect to network. Attached are the serial logs for each SDX environment.

image.png.90921bd4f78c36d7b7181863d5fe1b0b.png

This is the output from hostapd (wireless router)

image.thumb.png.31554ce9232c43748024c0b71a584cc8.png

I can verify if I boot directly to the Fujinet I can select and properly connect to this TestNet network. I can also verify running config.com I can connect as well.

image.png.0a1f260a54f2d85bcf044f992c1df55f.png

FNET_SDX.zip

Edited by MrFSL

FLS.COM not working in SDX

As above this is tested on the Maxflash1 cart as well as the IDE+ v2. The odd "special" characters that seem to follow a "return" key press is a ^A character and its the same odd character we see following the network password on the previous post. Perhaps there is some sort of line-ending issue?

Attached are logs from the tnfs server. The logs follow the screenshots below. Log A is working (without directory) while Log B demonstrates problems with sub-directories and filters.

image.png.cf3354ef759ec9f8112e1fd7da75d7f2.png

image.png.dac88c42d584810c23b6f1e5d017364c.png

tnfs_log_A.txt tnfs_log_B.txt

MyPicoDos

I find it useful to use dir2atr from Hias (https://www.horus.com/~hias/atari/#atarisio) to quickly create ATR files. When creating these disk images with MyPicoDos I find an interesting bug. Fujinet will boot the DOS but then drops the configured drives and instead offers up the D1 fnc tools as if I were using a SDX cart.

It would be nice to be able to use MyPicoDos. I will include an ATR I made earlier as an example. This ATR has a single file BIOS17C.COM.

If this is somehow expected behavior, I guess I do not understand how the Fujinet determines when to offer up the tools disk image on D1.

Ultimately it would be nice to be able to access D2, D3, etc on the Fujinet from SDX. If that is possible I have not been able to find out how to make that work.

bios17c.atr