IGNORED

#FujiNet Testing and Bug Reporting Thread

Around 2007 or so I used the example SIO driver code FROM sdx 4.22 and modified it to be a MyIDE.SYS driver, which I added to the Cart ROM flash file. That was the first implementation of MyIDE on SDX (without Partition Table support) [I am BAD at mathematics]. This is how APT got started. Many magnitudes of THANKS to KMK and especially FJC who took this idea and ran with it.

Mad-Assembler-master.zip

Maybe you could do the same thing with N: The example source code was good. It is a good generic template for writing a MAD assembleable SDX driver.

Look here: http://mads.atari8.info/mads_eng.html

Look at SIO.ASM.

D/L Attachment. This is the latest version I have.

SDX 4.22 source included. There is no reason this shouldn't be released publicly for the good of the community.

sdx422.zip

SIO.ASM

Edited by Kyle22
MORE.

On 11/21/2020 at 4:39 PM, tschak909 said:

Yes, the Epson emulation supports all of the ESC/P version 1 codes, which cover the MX and FX series printers.

-Thom

I wish it did.  I can't for the life of me, get it to work.  I've checked the drivers to see if it was at my end and they appear to be correct.  I can only assume that the FJ printer drivers trunicate any printer commands such as Italic or Bold or Expanded print.

Unless I'm not entering the correct codes from where I obtained from Epson docs here on the net.  For example: Escape = 27 and Boldface = 69.  Italics are 52 for on and 53 for off.  So 27,52 in the printer driver (SYS) should initialize Italics.  It doesn't

The printout I receive is generic with any spiffy font action.

On 11/20/2020 at 1:36 AM, tschak909 said:

We need somebody to write a kernel driver for the SpartaDOS X command processor.

I recently talked to @trub about that and he said he was planning to write that. He however does not have much time so it is unknown when it will get done.

EDIT:

Around 2007 or so I used the example SIO driver code FROM sdx 4.22 and modified it to be a MyIDE.SYS driver

@Kyle22 This is not the same level of drivers. You are speaking of SIO drivers (block I/O), while a device such as the FujiNet needs file-oriented device driver (such as PCLink).

SDX 4.2 does not even allow to install additional drivers of this type (although it has these, but only the built-in ones are allowed).

Edited by drac030

3 hours ago, drac030 said:

I recently talked to @trub about that and he said he was planning to write that. He however does not have much time so it is unknown when it will get done.

EDIT:

@Kyle22 This is not the same level of drivers. You are speaking of SIO drivers (block I/O), while a device such as the FujiNet needs file-oriented device driver (such as PCLink).

SDX 4.2 does not even allow to install additional drivers of this type (although it has these, but only the built-in ones are allowed).

@drac030 @trub Well, to expound on this, a bit:

N: is a bit of a swiss army knife.

There are multiple protocols that can be used against it:

The base socket types:

* TCP://address:port/

* UDP://address:port/

The terminal types:
* TELNET://address:port/config/parameters

* SSH://user:password@address:port/

The Filesystem types:

* HTTP://user:password@address:port/path/?key=val&key=val

* HTTPS://user:password@address:port/path/?key=val&key=val

* FTP://user:password@address:port/path/

* TNFS://address/path/

* SMB://user:password@address:port/path/ (planned)

* NFS://user:password@address:port/path/ (planned)

* SCP://user:password@address:port/path/ (planned)

and more.

The FujiNet takes each of these and through its protocol adapter provides a block oriented SIO interface to it. The NDEV handler then uses this to provide a character oriented CIO handler (it is essentially a pass-through, all special commands have an inquiry stage that provides the needed parameters to the resulting SIO command)

Nothing like this has ever been available to the Atari, before, so some thinking is needed. :)

-Thom

Lately I've been having an issue with my FujiNet.  When I mount a file from a TNFS server on the internet and hit Option to reboot, the screen shows...

"MOUNT AND BOOT

MOUNTING HOST SLOT 2"

...and it just hangs there for a long time.  If I wait long enough (several minutes) it eventually does proceed and reboot properly.

This is a recent development for me.  And it did not start with a firmware update.  But updating the firmware to the latest (currently FujiNet Version: 0.5.593c91f8, Version Date/Time: 2020-11-20 02:05:40) has not resolved it either.  I have also tried rebooting my wireless router.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

On 11/22/2020 at 8:50 PM, Roydea6 said:

@FreddieBear could this be a Font problem--monospace vs Times Roman.

I don't see how this is an issue. As you know, the Atari has a system font present that is always there.  The problem is that FujiNet printer emulation drops font attributes control when passing the printout via WiFi to my iMac.  It could be stripping the font info on my end but I wouldn't know how to "fix" that.  All permissions are open for communication between FujiNet , which resides on my iMac, and my Atari.  I posted a question regarding the Atari Peripheral Emulator (APE) from AtariMax and was wondering if it would work with the FujiNet device.  Still waiting for a reply.

I just printed something using the Epson 80 emulation in the fujinet, I updated to the latest firmware first just in case it's broken since I last tested. 

This was printed using Daisydot II to redefine the character set to a custom font, then printed using standard print / bold/ italic controls; there will have been a huge number of ESC/P codes used to print this.

printout.pdf

Once it finished I used Safari on my iPhone to visit the Fujinet web interface and open the PDF, which I then saved to my mac desktop via iCloud.

43 minutes ago, FreddieBear said:

All permissions are open for communication between FujiNet , which resides on my iMac, and my Atari.

Please explain this! Where is your Fujinet?

52 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

I just printed something using the Epson 80 emulation in the fujinet, I updated to the latest firmware first just in case it's broken since I last tested. 

This was printed using Daisydot II to redefine the character set to a custom font, then printed using standard print / bold/ italic controls; there will have been a huge number of ESC/P codes used to print this.

printout.pdf 399.12 kB · 7 downloads

Once it finished I used Safari on my iPhone to visit the Fujinet web interface and open the PDF, which I then saved to my mac desktop via iCloud.

Please explain this! Where is your Fujinet?

Dear Mr Robot, your PDF is what I have been trying to do!  I updated my FujiNet device two days ago so it is current.  FujiNet (the device) is attached to my Atari 800XL.  The FujiNet app resides on my iMac.  When I send (print) a file over to the app from my Atari computer, garbage and some text appears.  I don't understand the "Once finished I used Safari on my iPhone..."  What do you mean?  Is printing via FujiNet a multistep process.  I thought it was direct because if I print normal (wordprocessor) text it works just fine.

Everything else you've done is just garbage.  Pray tell, what is the secret formula?  (Trying to be light here even though I am frustrated and have been for day now) I just now thought of something.  I'm using Firefox to access the FujiNet app.  Could this be the problem?  Will try using Safari instead to see what happens.

Fujinet printer emulation consist on the fujinet device creating a pdf on the fly and store it on the device (fujinet) memory. You can extract or download that pdf from the device by connecting the webpage of the fujinet using any browser (from an smartphone, or from your iMac). There is not such thing as Fujinet App, so I guess that lost a lot of people.

So this are the steps:

1.- Open the browser and connect to the fujinet webpage. There you can configure several options, but for now go to printer emulation and select which printer model the fujinet is going to emulate. I usually try one of the epson ones since they are very standard. So can try others later.

2.- Then boot your atari with the program you want to use: daisy dot, print shop, etc.

Some atari programs also need to be set to indicate which printer you have. In printshop for example I guess you have to select Epson fx80. Anyway, you need to match that with the selection you made previously. If at the end of the process yu get garbage, try other printer brand/model that match the ones in the Atari program.

3.- Then you just PRINT from the Atari as if you relly have a real printer. After a lot of beeps the atari program you tell you that the print is over, or maybe not, it depends on the program, but it should be quiet.

4.- Now, go back to the web browser and click the printer image in the webpage of the fujinet to download the pdf created by Fujinet.

Depending on the Atari program used, you need some trial and error to determine which brand/model printer emulation from Fujinet better match the options of the Atari program. Maybe you are getting garbage because you have not selected the correct printer in the fujinet config page. Maybe it is still emulating a text only printer.

I hope this helps you.

Loaded up Safari, typed in the site for FujiNet on my net and printed another file with font embedded codes from my Atari and garbage (Letter Writer) or no effect (Atari Writer Plus & XLEnt First Wordprocessor).  Right back where I started.  I wish I knew how you got Daisy Dot to work for you.  I am quite sure of the printer control codes within the word processors I have attempted to use as I looked through the manuals and they are set up for the FX80 printer as is.  Any other ideas?

24 minutes ago, manterola said:

Fujinet printer emulation consist on the fujinet device creating a pdf on the fly and store it on the device (fujinet) memory. You can extract or download that pdf from the device by connecting the webpage of the fujinet using any browser (from an smartphone, or from your iMac). There is not such thing as Fujinet App, so I guess that lost a lot of people.

So this are the steps:

1.- Open the browser and connect to the fujinet webpage. There you can configure several options, but for now go to printer emulation and select which printer model the fujinet is going to emulate. I usually try one of the epson ones since they are very standard. So can try others later.

2.- Then boot your atari with the program you want to use: daisy dot, print shop, etc.

Some atari programs also need to be set to indicate which printer you have. In printshop for example I guess you have to select Epson fx80. Anyway, you need to match that with the selection you made previously. If at the end of the process yu get garbage, try other printer brand/model that match the ones in the Atari program.

3.- Then you just PRINT from the Atari as if you relly have a real printer. After a lot of beeps the atari program you tell you that the print is over, or maybe not, it depends on the program, but it should be quiet.

4.- Now, go back to the web browser and click the printer image in the webpage of the fujinet to download the pdf created by Fujinet.

Depending on the Atari program used, you need some trial and error to determine which brand/model printer emulation from Fujinet better match the options of the Atari program. Maybe you are getting garbage because you have not selected the correct printer in the fujinet config page. Maybe it is still emulating a text only printer.

I hope this helps you.

What is most interesting is that no matter what printer I select, with the exception of GRANTIC, they all print generarically with no font attributes what so ever.  And I have selected EVERY printer available on the APP to no avail.  This is where I am stuck.  As far as selecting the correct printer on the Word Processors, I am selecting the correct printer as I've double and triple checked this out as I don't want the fault to be mine.

OK so what you are calling the Fujinet APP on your mac is just the firmware updater and debug console. It isn't required to be running all the time, just when you want to update the fujinet. The output you are seeing in that window is just debug data, it's not your printout.

When you print something to the P: device the fujinet takes the data from the atari and converts it to a PDF then it writes the PDF to the storage inside the fujinet. If you go to the fujinets webpage and scroll down to where you chose the printer you wanted to print to and you click on the printer icon in that box, it will ask to download your printout as a pdf file.

Thankyou for responding.  About the P: device...  When I hit print the WP just prints and it sends file in PDF format to the FujiNet app.  I know you don't call it that but it's what it is to me as it isn't a program just this: 192.168.254.17 which attaches to my Atari in another room.  The output I am seeing is a PDF file via FujiNet app.   I believe this is right.  Correct?

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 6.25.25 PM.png

Almost. the word processor sends the data the epson printer is expecting to the P device, the fujinet reads that data, the processor in the fujinet converts it to pdf and stores it in the fujinet. That screenshot is the fujinets web page, that printer icon on that page will download the saved pdf document from the fujinet to your downloads folder.