IGNORED

Speedster II Review - I don't even remember writing this

eightbit

But, I did....nearly 20 years ago...right about the time of the 9/11 attacks:

http://www.atarihq.com/reviews/jaguar/speedster_2.html

I was the person who won this on ebay 20 years ago for around $350 IIRC....a lot of money in 2001 ;) What a dumb review...stupid 25 year old kid I was. If you want to see what the cartridge looked like, look no further than here:

https://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=1154

Al purchased it from me maybe a year or so after I purchased it.

I just figured it was pretty interesting as I just happened upon that review online looking around for more information on the prototype I once owned. I know I reviewed a Sega Master System kiosk I once owned for some other website around that time. I'll have to see if that review is still live out there somewhere.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, evisu said:

Have both of the games here ... the one with the helicopter too ... got them years ago on ebay. Quite sure, there are reproductions.

Is there a way to find out what´s original and what is a repro?

I would imagine they're all repros. Unless you yanked it out of a kiddie ride.

18 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Guess, you´re right.

Remember I played them 2min each, raised my eyebrows and put them in the box with all the other "Diamonds" they are not worth my time.

Even Club Drive have a weird kind of charm, but Speedster II (was there a Speedster I before?) is just rubbish. Well ... to be fair, it was never designed as a "real" game.

So much time has passed. I remember Skycopter and this. Me and Jagmod iirc somehow stumbled upon these. What I remember most about it is back then I called this kiddie ride company (mfg) and the lady was like why do you want this without the ride? She tried her best to not sell them to me. I ended up talking her into selling me both carts, good 'ol days of sending money orders :-).  I think the company was in MO. Anyways i'm pretty sure both got dumped, hence ppl saying repos. Thx for posting. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, evisu said:

Have both of the games here ... the one with the helicopter too ... got them years ago on ebay. Quite sure, there are reproductions.

Is there a way to find out what´s original and what is a repro?

20 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

That sounds about right. Still, I have no reason to doubt the member who sold me my copy in...2005ish and said that it was original, as he’s had loads of real amazing Jag protos over the years. Not that it could possibly matter, as there wasn't a market for Carousel protos then and I doubt there's much of one now, and the historical value is essentially nil. But it's a nice curiosity if it is legit. 

685F99C5-E4DD-45F7-B977-A1431A0DFB1D.jpeg

E063EA6F-C3CD-448E-A300-2637414F923E.jpeg

1 minute ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Well that sounds awkward. Exactly how to you do use two controllers at once?

i cant remember exactly what the buttons are, but from what i can remember when i played it last is that player one joypad is movement, and player 2 joypad is fire

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Well, now I know why I couldn't play Skycopter!  Who's making a dual holder for the Jaguar controllers?!  ?  By the way, here's the label for Skycopter that I found online several years back.

Skycopter Cart Label.png

that was what i got vimaster to make for me and the other speedster label above too, he decided to release it for everyone after, which of course was up to him :)

4 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Ah, cool!  I honestly don't even remember exactly how I found both labels.  It may have just been a search.  All, I know is that it saved from having to create ones for my carts.  :)  So, I guess I should thank you, @omf for asking vimaster to make them!  

Aren’t you the one that made my labels and boxes long ago? Lol 

On 8/1/2020 at 4:01 PM, TrekMD said:

Well, now I know why I couldn't play Skycopter!  Who's making a dual holder for the Jaguar controllers?!  ?  By the way, here's the label for Skycopter that I found online several years back.

Skycopter Cart Label.png

Mario Perdue has (or had) a custom controller for Skycopter II. After I acquired the Speedster II prototype in 2001 he found and reached out to me to let me know that he had a copy of Skycopter II and the custom controller for it and offered both to me for purchase. I was considering it but I recall the prices being way out of what I could afford at the time and I declined.

• Like 2