IGNORED

Speedster II Review - I don't even remember writing this

eightbit

2 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Oh, that's cool.  A custom controller for the game. It probably was the only one.  I wonder what it looked like.  Did he ever send you any pictures, @eightbit?

No, IIRC he wanted somewhere around $600 or so for it and at the time I just didn't have that kind of disposable cash. I was living with my girlfriend at the time (now my wife) and she was pretty livid that I spent over $300 for a game cartridge to begin with ;)

I didn't want to bother him for pictures for something I knew I was not going to buy. I haven't spoken to him since then...almost 20 years ago. I wonder how he is and if he still has that stuff.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, eightbit said:

Mario Perdue has (or had) a custom controller for Skycopter II. After I acquired the Speedster II prototype in 2001 he found and reached out to me to let me know that he had a copy of Skycopter II and the custom controller for it and offered both to me for purchase. I was considering it but I recall the prices being way out of what I could afford at the time and I declined.

Okay, is Skycopter II different from Skycopter?

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping this thread but i wanted to show this. I came across with this picture when reading RePlay magazine (dedicated to arcade games): This is the original Speedster by Carousel Entertainment, which later had a follow up (Speedster II) made by Mario Perdue (MP Games of Breakout 2000 fame). Here's also pictures of the Speedster II and Skycopter II kiddie rides pictures that were given to me by Mario Perdue himself a few years ago. Maybe in the other issues of RePlay there might be a picture of the originak Skycopter kiddie ride...

RePlay - Volume 19, Issue No. 10 - July 1994 (Compressed)_0097.jpg

17157617_10207286590677843_3742187385948641092_o.jpg

17240617_10207286590717844_645911310972945028_o.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 14 de agosto de 2021 at 5:53 PM, Arcadia said:

Was "Big Rig" also a released or planned Jag game made for these rides? 

If you mean Big Red Racing by Domark then, I tried my best to look for something about a planned Jag version but came empty handed. However, This in-game screenshot (the only one AFAIK) was provided to me by Mario Perdue himself via PM on Facebook, related to the unreleased Atari Jaguar kiddie game titled SpaceGuy, which is also a possibly lost PlayStation Net Yaroze game as well, according to the exchanges i had with Perdue via PMs. After that message, Perdue never replied to me about having the code, which means it is no longer within his hands unfortunately...

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

49 minutes ago, KidGameR186496 said:

If you mean Big Red Racing by Domark then, I tried my best to look for something about a planned Jag version but came empty handed. However, This in-game screenshot (the only one AFAIK) was provided to me by Mario Perdue himself via PM on Facebook, related to the unreleased Atari Jaguar kiddie game titled SpaceGuy, which is also a possibly lost PlayStation Net Yaroze game as well, according to the exchanges i had with Perdue via PMs. After that message, Perdue never replied to me about having the code, which means it is no longer within his hands unfortunately...

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thanks for your reply. On the side of toy truck in the picture you provided it says "Big Rig" så I thought that was the game's name. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 5:40 AM, grips03 said:

Not sure it would work with this game.  I'm making a Twin Stick for Total Carnage.  Twin Stick will have rapid fire for games like Raiden too.

You can also play SpideX using dual joysticks. One for moving the spider, and the other one for shooting in different directions.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...