IGNORED

AtariMania Reserve / Sale Thread

Red 5

AtariMania is a new Megamania hack. The long version of the story is in the Atari 2600 forum here along with screenshots of all 8 levels. 

The short story is, after having a bit of free time lately I found the old code from when I made the YankeeMania game over a decade ago. I also found a half finished, completely new hack that I was working on before I abandoned it to raise kids and do other life stuff.

I was showing it to my 16 year old son who was very interested and wanted to learn how the coding / hacking worked. We finished it up together and decided it was really fun. Chock full of Atari Nostalgia Goodness. Your 'Ship' is the Atari logo. Your lives are represented by Atari Joysticks.

You battle the bats from adventure, Pac-Man, E.T., Scorpions from Pitfall!, ships form Defender, Asteroids, Sharks from Seaquest, Frogger frogs,  and Asteroids from ... well... Asteroids.

We will need at least 10 people to do a run of the game and we will cap it off at 19 copies (20 including my own.) 

The game will be $25 plus shipping to US only. Cart only this time. No manual or boxes. The label is being worked on and I will update this post when we get one. Carts will be in regular black case Atari carts. If we get lucky some will be in Activision carts but no promises.

PM me or reply here and I will add you to the list. Thanks again for everyone who already showed interest. 

Reserve List:

1. Red5

2. TrekMD

3. adamh9700

4. Skwr163

5. jwelsh

6. lmich391

7. spindly1970

8. groundtrooper

9. gandor

10. retrok7

11. Wonder007

12. Kaboomer

13. SledgeHammerD

14. john black (web)

15. socrates63

16. sramirez2008

17. sal efici jr. (web)

18. ataridan

19. CommodoreDecker

20. Razzie.P

Edited by Red 5
  • Like 2

We have enough to make this possible, so thanks to everyone who showed interest. For those waiting to see if it would really happen or not, sign up! :)

I am going to wait another week or so to see if anyone else wants to sign up. Cut off date will be August 9th. Thanks so much again to everyone.

• Thanks 1

Sold out. If you want to get on a wait list in case there are no shows, let me know and I will add you here:

Second Chance List:

1. tailGator

2. yurkie

Thanks again to everyone. The label is set and the games should start to get made fairly soon. I will keep everyone posted of progress right here.

Edited by Red 5
  • Like 1

Sorry for lack of updates. Hurricane hit us in CT pretty hard and had no power for 4 days. The games are currently being made and Shawn's label is  awesome! I will update again as soon as I know more and as long as no more hurricanes swing by New England anytime soon.

• Like 2

I'm just waiting on the new pcb's and then I'll have all these in the mail and on the way to red5 to ship to you all. Shells are already prepared and the labels are printed and die cut. I've messaged the person I'm buying this round of PCB's from again and let him know the locals are getting restless. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

So here's some exciting news... 

Shawn has finished the carts and they should be on the way to Connecticut soon. It was a longer road than expected but Shawn and CPUWIZ are amazing (but we all already knew that) and somehow pulled it off. ANYTHING like this that gets completed in 2020 is amazing.

When I get the games I will send everyone who reserved one a pm to collect the $30 payment. If anyone decides they don't want one, I will ask those on the reserve list. Thanks to everyone for being so patient and encouraging while the game was 'under construction.' This is still the best community on the internet. 

Now... without any further ado... here they are!  All twenty of them ready to make their first leg of shipping from Canada to Connecticut. I am SO excited!

atarimaniapic.jpg.39420c60a7ded116d68a42d1f3f3891a.jpg

• Like 8

If people are still interested in the reserve list, let me know and I will add you.

If there are still any left I will list them in marketplace here and on fb AA marketplace. I am fairly sure they will all be taken by the original reserve list, but you never know.

The carts look great. thank you to Shawn & Cpuwiz for all the hard work on the carts. And another big thank you to Red5 for making the game, and keeping everyone in the loop and informed every step of the way. Excited to give it a try, I'm a sucker for Atari themed hacks.

Justin 

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 9:53 PM, Red 5 said:

If people are still interested in the reserve list, let me know and I will add you.

If there are still any left I will list them in marketplace here and on fb AA marketplace. I am fairly sure they will all be taken by the original reserve list, but you never know.

Pm sent paypal at the ready.

• 2 weeks later...