IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 13 ~ Paper Medal Pick!

Vocelli

6 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Surprised myself with steady improvement on Dragster. Watching Nads’ video till it burns in my brain. According to the manual I’m an expert, so that’s cool ?

Dragster- 6.37

B87ED6F5-BF95-4478-9383-EE272A37FE4E.thumb.jpeg.7d277160c80cc5a47b73a3afefa55f98.jpeg

Thanks for the shout out! 
I got a few Dragster runs on my channel, including Game 2.

What you need to look at to really improve your times is the first 3 Taps

If get them right your Dragster is well on the way to top speed earlier than later.

Keep at it! And keep those taps short and sharp!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

Vocelli-

Curious, would game 2 on Dragster be acceptable to submit on?

Basically, I have the 5.57 a few times now on game 1(in the past, not this week yet), but "only" a 5.61 on game 2, so my time would be more productively spent on game 2(much harder...).

Just curious, not swearing that's the route I'll go, just wanted to know if that was an option?

Thanks!!!

This is fine with me since Game 2 is harder than Game 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A quick Dragster tip(that will make my mentors groan)(again-I go on about this a lot...).

:P

Especially if you are watching others successful runs, it also helps, IMO, to learn to listen to the game.

I can actually play it by sound, won't elaborate(I'll save that bragging for my upcoming novel, lol), but learn to listen to the countdown timer, and learn what successful shifts "sound" like.

Especially if you have any previous experience playing music, the "timing" that is so important on this game can be exploited simply by "looking for the sound".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

A quick Dragster tip(that will make my mentors groan)(again-I go on about this a lot...).

:P

Especially if you are watching others successful runs, it also helps, IMO, to learn to listen to the game.

I can actually play it by sound, won't elaborate(I'll save that bragging for my upcoming novel, lol), but learn to listen to the countdown timer, and learn what successful shifts "sound" like.

Especially if you have any previous experience playing music, the "timing" that is so important on this game can be exploited simply by "looking for the sound".

I was thinking the same thing. Tried with my eyes closed a few times...? just blown engines for now. But I was thinking it might be similar to Dolphin where sound played a bigger part than the picture at times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vocelli said:

Vocelli:

Pole Position: 60610

Loved this game on my AtariXL Computer! 

Didn't like the 2600 version... it is too basic.

Dragster: 6.24

Addicting game that seems pointless but is amazing to play with other people!

0721201632b.jpg

0801201711.jpg

Just throwing Dragon's Descent some love, haha, Awesome that you still "have it out"-my copy is almost front and center in my collection, what a nice game!!!

• Like 3