IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 13 ~ Paper Medal Pick!

Vocelli

12 minutes ago, oyamafamily said:

Have you ever played Pac-Man Collection (dark blue label) on your 7800 console? It's very fun.

PMC is my TOP favorite homebrew for 7800.

To be honest Wilson, I bought it 2 years ago and have never played it. 

• Like 1

I’m retiring from the High Score Club.

The ravages of MS, the fatigue, the hand tremors, and not being able to walk anymore, all have taken its toll on my Atariness.  I just don’t have it in me to continue.  I have posted a score on here every week (with the exception of two weeks) for the past ten years.  It’s been a great long ride.

Even though my skills are diminished, I’ll always be the 1983 United States Atari champion.  It’s kinda like winning the Super Bowl; after that, a player is always known as a Super Bowl champion.

To each of my friends here, old and new, thank you for your good-natured competitiveness and your comradery.  May each of you be blessed with good things for all of your life.

It’s been a blast.   

?  ?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 8

1 hour ago, Scrabbler15 said:

The ravages of MS, the fatigue, the hand tremors, and not being able to walk anymore, all have taken its toll on my Atariness.  I just don’t have it in me to continue.  I have posted a score on here every week (with the exception of two weeks) for the past ten years.  It’s been a great long ride.

Even though my skills are diminished, I’ll always be the 1983 United States Atari champion.  It’s kinda like winning the Super Bowl; after that, a player is always known as a Super Bowl champion.

To each of my friends here, old and new, thank you for your good-natured competitiveness and your comradery.  May each of you be blessed with good things for all of your life.

It’s been a blast.   

?  ?

I had the pleasure to play against you during my first High Score Club, new Season 3. You are an excellent competitor, dominating the aforementioned Stampede, and also have impressive Robot Tank, Strategy X, and Dolphin scores. I still have the spreadsheet from HSC:S3 and you continually placed in the top half each week (finishing in the top 8 for the season). Your participation in the HSC will be missed.

?????

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lauren Tyler said:

I found it once and decided to get it.  I'm a big Pole Position fan so collecting variants comes naturally to me! :P

By the way, what advice can you give for Dragster?

Ive added a link on the earlier thread, that shows the timings and when to tap, the best advice is not to be frantic when tapping, the are controlled short sharp taps, timing is everything!

The way I practiced to get better was to record, and then play back though a video editor that lets you look at frame by fame, this way you can check where your timing is at.

As i mentioned before, NAIL those first 3 TAPS and you'll be well on way into the 5.6's

Good Luck!!

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 4:32 PM, Scrabbler15 said:

It’s been a blast.   

?  ?

Be well my friend, its been a blast.  Congrats on your gaming here, as well as the Centipede and Atari Champion of '83. If you liked, you could always jump in and play a game or two or post some hellos at the HSC even if retired.

I almost retired from 2600 Club this past Winter... but decided, I can just play hard sometimes, and easy.... other times like when I'm too busy or tired. I don't know if I will be pushing to finish in top 10 or setting any gaming goals like in the past, just having fun here these days. One doesn't need to play each game over and over, just post a score and go from there.

Good luck Scrabbler in which choices you make in life and in your hobbies.

I was just looking at some of our old scores yesterday night... some from 2011. We had some much energy then. LOL :D I suddenly feel boring and quiet compared to before. I do miss the regulars from those days, and your kind, helpful and classy spirit will be missed for sure.

Sometimes I'll play a game, and get in the zone, like old days, and I sure enjoy that! 

Enjoying the Season with everyone here, and glad to have you Scrab for the 1st half of it. :)

• Like 2